PDA

View Full Version : Linked in Request - Not really OT

frankbmd
02-15-2016, 03:47 PM
This morning I received a request to connect on Linked in with Doug Allen.

What would you do?

Peter_Spaeth
02-15-2016, 03:53 PM
I would start by removing that hyphen.

HRBAKER
02-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Based on my experience I am not sure LinkedIn offers the proper skill sets for you to endorse him for.

Jobu
02-15-2016, 04:06 PM
Whatever you do, don't say anything that you don't want the Feds to know.

irv
02-15-2016, 04:06 PM
This morning I received a request to connect on Linked-in with Doug Allen.

What would you do?

If you or him have each other in your e-mails, it must just be a random request?

I have received those as well in the past from some friends and neither says they requested me, it is done automatically through linkedin.

Wildfireschulte
02-15-2016, 04:20 PM
I would accept the request. Despite his well chronicled high crimes and misdemeanors, I like Doug and have no doubt that he will come out of this a good man. I've had relatives that have made tragic mistakes (much worse than Doug) and I wouldn't turn my back on them.

drcy
02-15-2016, 04:23 PM
I had someone I know and worked with send me a linked in request. I told him I didn't belong to linked in and he said my name just popped up as a recommendation and sent the request. I've also had a few linked in requests from people I don't know, though were in my field so perhaps they did want to connect-- but, again, I'm not a member and didn't do anything. As far as I know, my life isn't amiss for not responding.

pokerplyr80
02-15-2016, 04:28 PM
If you or him have each other in your e-mails, it must just be a random request?

I have received those as well in the past from some friends and neither says they requested me, it is done automatically through linkedin.

This is true. Whether or not to accept the request would depend on what kind, if any, of personal relationship you have with him. Given his current situation I would not want to add him to my professional network. But I don't know the man.

Peter_Spaeth
02-15-2016, 04:28 PM
I get these requests frequently, sometimes I know the person, sometimes I have no clue who they are. But none from Doug.

Rich Klein
02-15-2016, 06:36 PM
I usually just accept the linked in requests with the theory you never know if they can assist you at some point

bostonmarathonman
02-16-2016, 01:02 AM
Frank, are you sure it wasnt a request to connect with him on ClinkedIn????:D

Shoeless Moe
02-16-2016, 11:24 AM
I usually just accept the linked in requests with the theory you never know if they can assist you at some point

Especially if your a consignor.