PDA

View Full Version : Dunk contest

Gobucsmagic74
02-13-2016, 09:43 PM
Aaron Gordon was robbed. That is all

D. Bergin
02-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Aaron Gordon was robbed. That is all

Gordon definitely had the best overall dunks, but Lavine didn't make it easy for the judges.

I think it came down to Gordon running out of ideas near the end when the judges kept on giving Lavine the same score as him on dunks.

Gobucsmagic74
02-14-2016, 12:18 PM
Gordon definitely had the best overall dunks, but Lavine didn't make it easy for the judges.

I think it came down to Gordon running out of ideas near the end when the judges kept on giving Lavine the same score as him on dunks.

Lavine was great, don't get me wrong. Just think three variations of the FT line dunk (from a foot or two inside the stripe) were somewhat unoriginal. Gordon pulled off three incredible dunks that have never been seen before including the two best dunks of the evening and probably the millennium, if not all time. Its not like it really matters, but I think most who watched left feeling like AG probably should have won based on the body of work presented last night. Great dunk contest either way.

D. Bergin
02-14-2016, 03:16 PM
Lavine was great, don't get me wrong. Just think three variations of the FT line dunk (from a foot or two inside the stripe) were somewhat unoriginal. Gordon pulled off three incredible dunks that have never been seen before including the two best dunks of the evening and probably the millennium, if not all time. Its not like it really matters, but I think most who watched left feeling like AG probably should have won based on the body of work presented last night. Great dunk contest either way.

Yeah, I agree. Seemed like the judges didn't want LaVine to lose because he was the incumbent favorite, more then anything.

Still, it's great for both guys. That contest hasn't been very compelling in a very long time.