PDA

View Full Version : Uniform History through Photos

shernan30
02-10-2016, 10:54 AM
In the last few years I've picked up a hand full of 1910s thru 1940s Type I baseball photos. I really enjoy capturing the history of the game with the photos almost as much as I do with my cardboard. I've been thinking of some kind of goal for my photo purchases. Since I'm a Yankees fan I was thinking I'd try to capture all the different Yankee uniform variations from 1903 through 1945.

Has anyone put together or working on a similar type of collection?

And, since we are talking photos, if you have any old Yankees or Highlander photos "just lying around" ;);) let me know. Not so much concerned about the player in the photo at the moment. Mostly want to see as much detail as possible in the uniform.

Looking forward to hearing some thoughts and feel free to post pictures of your collections.

Steven
shernan30@gmail.com

Leon
02-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Not sure this (all the uniforms through the years) has been done but it sounds like a really neat project. Some photos are breathtaking and would look great as a display denoting the uniforms through the years. It wouldn't have to be a costly project either.

billyb
02-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Stephen,

That is something I never had thought of. Like Leon said, it sounds like a great project. Good idea, Good luck. I hope you have enough wall space.

antiquefootball
03-01-2016, 07:16 PM
It's not baseball, but I thought you guys might enjoy this simulation of the evolution of football uniforms over the past 140 years:

http://www.antiquefootball.com/football_player_evolution.htm

Chris
www.antiquefootball.com