PDA

View Full Version : Ideas needed for some romance on a budget

almostdone
02-08-2016, 08:51 PM
So with Valentines Day rapidly approaching I am trying to put together a romantic date for my wife and myself but am coming up empty. It took a lot of searching but finally today I was able to secure a baby sitter for our girls for Saturday night for about six hours. That's usually the toughest part but for some reason this year I can't get any good plan together. We live in a small town in north east Georgia so many typical things just aren't available to us. We will go out for a nice meal but have to leave town to do so. Depending on the destination it could be anywhere from 35 minutes to 90 minutes away. Drive time is within that six hour window as well.

I don't mind creative or unique and I also have no problem with spending some time creating it. I'm not looking for a quicky idea to check off the list but rather something fun and creative.

We love to go to live performances such as plays, shows or concerts but the only thing close enough that night is the circus and that is not romance at all. We could do a movie but that's like most of our date nights and want something special.

Any suggestions from you guys? Tell me some stories of creativity you've done or even heard of and maybe I can tweek an idea to fit our situation and budget.

Let me know what has worked or even not worked for you. I look forward to any help or suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Drew