PDA

View Full Version : Net54 Poker Tournament?

botport
02-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Any interest in putting one together?
I was thinking of attempting to organize one but was hoping to gauge interest and also was looking to openly discuss/ debate some ideas first....

Some of my concerns...

What website to use? I only play live now so can not suggest any site with confidence. Can we even join any sites for free and set up our own SNGs?
What kind of Buy-In? I was thinking play for cards so have everyone buy in for like a commonly accepted $50 ballpark graded card.

It may be more trouble than its worth but I think it could be fun.....
Comments / Feedback welcomed...

Frank

pokerplyr80
02-07-2016, 01:53 PM
I think I remember party poker or poker stars having a way to set up your own "online home game" back in the day, not sure who would have such a set up available now. As my user ID indicates I would be interested if you can put it together.

botport
02-07-2016, 03:05 PM
Hey Jesse... Glad to see you're on board.

pawpawdiv9
02-07-2016, 03:19 PM
I use to play PokerStars. I even made it thru some tournaments and finish in the Top 30. Boy- those took several hours.
I have not played in a long time- Texas Hold-em
but i know my brother plays it here and there and is good.

bn2cardz
02-07-2016, 04:33 PM
At a time when I was unemployed, about 12 years ago, online poker was a great way to have an income. Since then it has become harder to play online and trust I would get my money out.

I would be interested in a tournament, but have no other suggestions on how to organize a game online.

RichardSimon
02-18-2016, 03:40 PM
playersonly.ag is the only site I know of that is operating now.
I don't know if they accommodate private games.
I have been successfully playing Omaha Hi-Lo there for a while now.
I dabble a little in Hold Em also.
A friend of mine who is also a member here did recommend it to me.
Only problem is that my CC charges a 3% processing fee when I made a deposit and the site charges you 3% when you request a check.