PDA

View Full Version : Responsibility as a Seller

dembums
02-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Naive I know, but I give most people the benefit of the doubt - dealers included. But when a listing seems to obvious/devious to be a simple mistake, I do get insulted, i.e. feel the need to react. Example: How can this card be "miscut?" If you know enough to label the card a 54' Wilson Franks, you should know how it measures, or that it should have at least some white on the borders. I mean, c'mon!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Wilson-Franks-Ray-Jablonski-/231704080808?hash=item35f2a3b1a8:g:Z-MAAOSw9r1WCZJ1

I emailed the seller saying his definition of “miscut” needed to be re-evaluated. Wanted to report the listing to ebay, but was having trouble finding the appropriate scroll down option. How is there not an option for “item not as described?”

I have not had any dealings with the seller.

Ben An.derson

Peter_Spaeth
02-06-2016, 02:03 PM
miscut=badly trimmed I guess

When I report anything I just report it as a counterfeit/fake because that unlike other options gives you a place to comment. I think that's the one anyway.

irv
02-06-2016, 03:03 PM
miscut=badly trimmed I guess

When I report anything I just report it as a counterfeit/fake because that unlike other options gives you a place to comment. I think that's the one anyway.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/1954-wilson-franks-baseball-cards

dembums
02-07-2016, 07:31 AM
Irv - I hadn't thought that it might have been handcut from one of the advertisement panels. I've only handled one of those in person, and I believe the cardboard is a heavier stock than the regular issue. If it is from an advertisement, the seller still mislabeled/misrepresented their product.

Leon
02-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Irv - I hadn't thought that it might have been handcut from one of the advertisement panels. I've only handled one of those in person, and I believe the cardboard is a heavier stock than the regular issue. If it is from an advertisement, the seller still mislabeled/misrepresented their product.

It is either cut from some kind of ad or trimmed in my opinion. That doesn't look like a factory miscut to me.

irv
02-07-2016, 09:48 AM

I just attached that link to help you and others draw your own conclusions. I am in no position, based on my knowledge and experience, to agree or disagree what anyone has to say about most cards. :)