PDA

View Full Version : EBAY ID's and Hobby Affiliations of Mastro Co-Conspirators/Shillers

luxurywines
02-04-2016, 10:59 AM
First of all I rarely post on this board. I wish I had more time to do so but, for the past 8 years I have been home schooling my son with autism and that leaves me precious little time for posting on hobby forums. Today I am going out of my way to share some thoughts because I feel strongly that we must do everything in our power to put an end to the many shenanigans that have been ruining our beloved hobby over the past several years. To help facilitate that I suggest we post current hobby affiliations of the individuals named as shill bidders in the Doug Allen trial so we can protect ourselves and make this information as public as possible to help others avoid being preyed upon by these crooks.

Co-conspirators

Mark Irodenko - Over 50 shill bids in August 2007 Auction DBA:

Owner, Outfield Sports Cards Flat Rock, Michigan

EBAY ID - markirodenko

Because I firmly support Leon's policy of transparency my full name is :

Jeffrey Scott Britton

I will edit this post to add names of individuals and their hobby affiliations that can be verified as co-conspirators on the current list that has been provided by the Federal Government, that other members provide in this thread in a similar fashion. So these alleged crooks can easily be seen at the top of the post with no searching. The best way to rid ourselves of these individuals is to shine a light on them and their activities. It may not stop them but at the very least at will make doing business for them in this hobby significantly more challenging.

Tennis13
02-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Would it be against forum rules to put a floor map of the 2014 and or 2015 National show, with these people's tables highlighted? I talked to a lot of dealers at that show, but I don't know who they were by name. Like I know that I bought my Lou Gehrig from a guy that owns a baseball card business in Michigan, and he was very nice and helpful. I hope it wasn't him -- a floor chart would be really helpful, if possible.

luxurywines
02-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Tennis,

Unfortunately I have never attended a national. As I posted above family considerations dictate otherwise. So I would personally be of little help in that area. I know the website for the national has a page to display dealer booths but off the top of my head I can not remember the url. Hopefully one of the eagle eyes here can post a link for you.

trdcrdkid
02-04-2016, 01:49 PM
At last year's National in Chicago, the location of the tables bore no relationship to the map printed in the program, so even if you can find a map on the website, it may not be accurate.

irv
02-04-2016, 03:45 PM
I am fairly new here and personally I don't know how long this fake, counterfeit, shilling, and any other terms terms/descriptions have been going on, maybe corruption as well, but like the OP says, the more we expose these crooks the less chance this behavior will continue.

Just read on my hometown ticker tape about another huge bust today. IIRC, I believe it said 450,000 items with a value of 39 million was busted.

Not sure if this is the article but it is all I could find that was close to today's date.
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8900519/nfl-us-government-score-record-bust-fake-jerseys

jefferyepayne
02-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Great idea, Jeff! Would it be possible to put a notation by anyone on your list that is an owner or an employee of an auction house?

This will help those of us who plan to boycott auctions that are affiliated with known shillers in addition to dealers.

As I've posted in the past while pushing for a boycotting of Legendary, the only way this issue is going to get fixed is for collectors to suck it up and stop the "cards trump all" attitude when buying and consigning items. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

jeff