PDA

View Full Version : Met Mr Paul Reuschel

minibatsman
02-02-2016, 07:51 AM
He is staying in a condo that I had to do a repair on. worked 15 minutes talked for hours. realy nice guy he and his brother are the only two brothers to combine for a no hitter.
Had a realy cool story about Bob Gibson and others.
Were do yall get these guys addresses there must have been 30 envelopes on the counter asking for his auto.
I would like to try to build a auto set.

EldoEsq
02-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Very cool...he looks better now than he did when he was playing!

Abeabe
02-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Great story!!!

Cliff Bowman
02-07-2016, 07:27 PM
He and his brother are the only two brothers to combine for a no hitter.

Minor clarification, he and Rick combined on a shutout against the Dodgers at Wrigley Field in 1975, the only brothers to do that. I remember that I read one time that Steve Stone said he never got to eat at the Cubs game day food spread because he was always behind the Reuschel brothers :).

stewbacca
02-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Harvey Meiselman has a sports address list you can buy for each sport. Don't remember his website at the moment.

minibatsman
02-08-2016, 10:01 AM
he is a big man until I met him never heard of him. I think I collect because I believe I am the best ball player you never heard of.
he actualy lived the dream and retired comfortably from playing a game. I have to install some tile in his bathroom .
another story he told me was his brother at a home game was boood for striking out Hank Arron?.
I will happily listen to any story he will tell me.
Leon Lett lives next door biggest man I have ever met?

D. Bergin
02-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Forgot how solid of a pitcher his brother was. Looking at his stats, if he was on a different series of teams he might have garnered some HOF consideration.

clydepepper
02-08-2016, 10:14 PM
But I'll always remember Rick Reuschel as the guy who served up the golf ball to Bo in the 1989 All-Star game...Awesome!