PDA

View Full Version : Ticket (stub) collectors...opinion needed

jessness
02-01-2016, 06:34 PM
I'm considering starting an All-Star game ticket stub collection.....stubs not full tickets. Would mainly be via ebay and wondered how cautious I need to be for counterfits? Are they prevalent and something I need to be aware of while evaluating possible purchases?

Have collected cards, programs, yearbooks but never stubs so I have no idea what to expect and any thoughts from you folks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Scott Garner
02-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Not to worry for the most part. Deal with sellers with solid positive feedback and you should be fine.
PLMK if I can help

ajenks3378
02-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Stubs are attainable at a much better price then full tickets...
If you need any assistance with the Cleveland ones eventually let me know ...
eBay usually has a great stock of stubs, if you are ever worried about them being counterfeit always post the link here and someone will help...
Andy

almostdone
02-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Just as an encouragement you cannot go wrong with Scott when it comes to help in this and other areas. He helped me out a year or so ago and I always appreciate him and his expertise.
Drew

gnaz01
02-01-2016, 07:55 PM
Just as an encouragement you cannot go wrong with Scott when it comes to help in this and other areas. He helped me out a year or so ago and I always appreciate him and his expertise.
Drew

Agreed!!!

Scott Garner
02-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Agreed!!!

Thanks Drew & Greg. Glad to have helped...

Leon
02-02-2016, 07:48 AM
Agreed!!!

+2

jessness
02-02-2016, 04:45 PM
To everyone that responded, thanks very much for the comments and help. I've had a blast assembling a full collection of AS game programs 1943 thru 1995 and thought it would be fun to match up stubs with each. But counterfeits crossed my mind as I started viewing on line. While I'll continue to be cautious, I feel a little better now after replies here.