PDA

View Full Version : OT: eBay Admininstrative Cancellation?

Buythatcard
01-31-2016, 03:48 PM
A few days ago, I received 6 eMails saying that a buyer retracted a bid. Each retraction was the same buyer. Each one also affected the ending price. If the bidder doesn't correct his bid, I would just block them from further bidding and move on.

In all 6 cases, the reason stated was "Administrative Cancellation". When I saw that, I thought that the buyers account was closed and all of their bids were of course cancelled.

A few minutes ago I was reading the Net54 posts, where I cam across some thread in which they were talking about some strange items a seller was auctioning off. I looked at the userid of the seller and it turns out to be the the same person who retracted on my items 2 days ago. Their account was very active and alive.

So, what in the world is an Adminstrative Cancellation?

jburl
01-31-2016, 07:51 PM
A few days ago, I received 6 eMails saying that a buyer retracted a bid. Each retraction was the same buyer. Each one also affected the ending price. If the bidder doesn't correct his bid, I would just block them from further bidding and move on.

In all 6 cases, the reason stated was "Administrative Cancellation". When I saw that, I thought that the buyers account was closed and all of their bids were of course cancelled.

A few minutes ago I was reading the Net54 posts, where I cam across some thread in which they were talking about some strange items a seller was auctioning off. I looked at the userid of the seller and it turns out to be the the same person who retracted on my items 2 days ago. Their account was very active and alive.

So, what in the world is an Adminstrative Cancellation?
First I've heard of it. Maybe they didnt know how to so it themselves, called eBay, and a rep did it for them? Just conjecture.

Blitzu
01-31-2016, 08:36 PM
Perhaps the account was compromised and eBay took administrative actions to cancel unauthorized bids.

It's also possible the person that potentially compromised the account listed fictious items in an attempt to take in more money before they lost access to the account.

jthorst75
01-31-2016, 09:39 PM
I just had 5 bids retracted for the same reason. I could assume it was the same bidder in your case, but I'm not sure if I can mention it here on the forum...

slidekellyslide
01-31-2016, 10:20 PM
Just last week I had an item cancellation that was an "administrative cancellation" after I had already sent the item ($340 pinback). I had even noticed that the guy left me positive feedback on it. I freaked out thinking they were going to take the money from my paypal and there was no way I could contact the buyer through ebay as they completely removed the item from their system. I went to paypal and found the transaction and emailed the buyer. He got back to me immediately and said someone had gained control of his account and that I should not worry about a paypal reversal as all items that he had received himself were fine.

Buythatcard
02-01-2016, 05:18 AM
I contacted eBay last night regarding the multiple retractions. They said, even if I didn't call, eBay records all retractions. If a buyer has multiple retractions, eBay might limit their bidding. They also said, by calling it would speed up the process in which eBay investigates this user. In addition, they recommend that you block the person who retracts multiple times on your items.

They had no explanation for the Administrative Cancellation.

If their account was hacked, it would have been nice to have received an eMail from eBay explaining why the bids were all retracted. Since I have no explanation, I have to blame the user.

Sean1125
02-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Admin Cancel:

Seller/buyer hasn't paid their fees (account gets shut off until they do and all bids cancelled)
Account has been compromised, be happy they took care of it before you got screwed