PDA

View Full Version : (In Case You Missed It Dept.) Worst Ever???

clydepepper
01-30-2016, 10:46 PM
The Pistons' Andre Drummond made 1 of 9 free throw attempts tonight...

bringing his season FT PCT. down to .347 !!

On 1/20, the Rockets fouled Drummond 5 times in the first nine seconds of the third quarter just to get to the penalty (shooting) stage.

In 23 minutes played that night, Drummond was 13 -for-36 at the 'charity stripe'.

...and that wasn't even an isolated event: The Clippers' DeAndre Jordan made 8 of 18 free throw attempts in a 1 minute, 32 second span of the 4th quarter on November 20 against Portland.

Jordan, whose season FT PCT. is .421 , was 12-for-34 in 33 minutes played.

Shaq-Attack was never more appropriate.

I relate not being able to make free throws to playing good defense in baseball - both take a lot of practice - and there is an increasing number of basketball players and baseball players (i.e. Pedro Alvarez) who still cash huge paychecks in spite of the fact that they are not making the effort.

Sad times indeed.

It should be noted that both the Pistons and the Clippers won their games.

sbfinley
01-31-2016, 12:10 AM
I'm not sure if the the stat still holds, but at one point last season DeAndre Jordan held the NBA career record for lowest Free-Throw percentage while simultaneously holding NBA career record for HIGHEST field goal percentage.

ALR-bishop
02-03-2016, 01:54 PM
I assume the team has him practice a lot and has brought in people to work on his mechanics. Do you think it involves some mental issue, conscious or subconscious. Maybe he needs a hypnotist.

packs
02-03-2016, 02:04 PM
You should be able to learn how to shoot a free throw after a week's worth of practice. If you can't shoot them it's because you're lazy.

clydepepper
02-03-2016, 04:32 PM
You should be able to learn how to shoot a free throw after a week's worth of practice. If you can't shoot them it's because you're lazy.

I totally agree!

Guaranteed Contracts will do that.