PDA

View Full Version : R312 National Chicle and the one you always wanted....

Leon
01-29-2016, 06:59 AM
I would guess most collectors have cards which they always thought about acquiring but didn't. There are several on my list. In the words of the late great Dorskind, while ya'll were arguing I made huge deals!! Well, I didn't make huge deals but picked up a card last night in Baggers that I had always wanted one of. The poses and relatively low prices make R312s very collectible. Post anything relevant if you would like to..

arcadekrazy
01-29-2016, 07:25 AM
Leon,

Nice looking DiMaggio. I thought that there were some nice deals to be had in that auction. I'm primarily a vintage NYY ephemera/memorabilia collector, but will add a few ancillary related items, such as the Churchman's Ruth I picked up last night.

IMO, you get a lot of bang for the buck with this card. Beautiful colors and the picture captures the essence and majesty of Ruth's swing.

Shoebox
01-29-2016, 07:46 AM
Great looking Joe D, Leon!

Stonepony
01-29-2016, 09:58 AM
I would guess most collectors have cards which they always thought about acquiring but didn't. There are several on my list. In the words of the late great Dorskind, while ya'll were arguing I made huge deals!! Well, I didn't make huge deals but picked up a card last night in Baggers that I had always wanted one of. The poses and relatively low prices make R312s very collectible. Post anything relevant if you would like to..

Leon, that exact card is on my wantlist. It's stunning!!

Leon
01-29-2016, 10:12 AM
Leon, that exact card is on my wantlist. It's stunning!!

Thanks Dave et al.....as most know, my new focus is well centered cards I like. This one isn't perfect but it's very good. The grade of 2.5 seems to be my grade of choice.....

JoeDfan
01-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Obviously, I love it!!!!!!!!!

This one was checked off my want list about 6 months ago.

edjs
01-29-2016, 07:39 PM
Leon,

I came on this board 2 years ago. There were so many cards that I thought I would never be able to own, that they were all priced so far out of my reach. That is one of the reasons I was all over the place in my collecting interests for so long. This is one of those cards that I wanted for so long and thought I could never get, but bought this month, two years after I bought my first pre-war card.

Kawika
01-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Burke photo
http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/sportscardsetc/mischidden/recentpickups/huge/Burke%20DiMaggio%20foto.jpg

edjs
01-30-2016, 10:17 AM
That is a great photo, David!

pbspelly
01-30-2016, 01:07 PM
I liked R312s simply because it is one of the few sets with my grandfather in it.

Leon
02-01-2016, 04:43 PM
I liked R312s simply because it is one of the few sets with my grandfather in it.

He looks happy. Very cool....

pbspelly
02-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Don't understand the signatures on these cards, though. That's not my grandfather's signature, and doesn't look like Joe D's either.

autograf
02-02-2016, 09:17 AM
I think kind of like some of the other R premiums, those 'signatures' are just stylized writing. Definitely not the signature of DiMaggio....even at that time. Like the R312's. They're neat cards.....underappreciated.

Leon
02-03-2016, 08:15 AM
+1....

Reminds me of a question I posed to Lew L (hi Lew) a long time ago. I wasn't collecting W's at the time. He told me someone asked him if the sigs on W575-2 were authentic. We laughed (I played it off like I knew) and I learned. :) Lew has helped me a lot......

I think kind of like some of the other R premiums, those 'signatures' are just stylized writing. Definitely not the signature of DiMaggio....even at that time. Like the R312's. They're neat cards.....underappreciated.

ls7plus
02-03-2016, 04:31 PM

I got the R312 DiMag in unslabbed near mint in a mid-nineties auction...while it is quite nice, would probably be TPG-graded ExMt now, if I cared enough to send it in. It is one of his several rookie cards, and I think the best one. Also have the Mize rookie (VgEx, but perfectly centered) and the Bill Dickey.

Best regards,

Larry