01-28-2016, 07:39 AM
nothing to do w/ that list

but thank you, in advance.

1952boyntoncollector
01-28-2016, 07:45 AM
what the heck? the timing ?

ullmandds
01-28-2016, 07:47 AM
is this how one unsubscribes themself? with a thread?

Leon
01-28-2016, 07:50 AM

OP doesn't remember his disparaging comment(s) towards me during the Collection auction debacle. But me and a respected board member discussed it at the time. OP asks for a small favor now so I privately told him what I thought about it....that is about it.

1952boyntoncollector
01-28-2016, 07:52 AM

looks like the first fatality of the day....if he comes back after saying being banished than he doesn't follow through and that's just as bad....if you have unsubscribed yourself (without any explanation as to why) than no reason to comment on any more threads ever..

asoriano
01-28-2016, 08:02 AM
looks like the first fatality of the day....if he comes back after saying being banished than he doesn't follow through and that's just as bad....if you have unsubscribed yourself (without any explanation as to why) than no reason to comment on any more threads ever..

Wish the same could be said for you.

tiger8mush
01-28-2016, 08:06 AM
i feel like I missed something

begsu1013
01-28-2016, 08:07 AM
one guess: the ol peck n snyder pecks again.

sent leon request for list.

leon replies w. disparaging remark about the ol peck and snyder card and "sure, i'll do you a favor even though..."

leon was told he was wrong in his assumption.

I fwd a thread from the cu board not only where I commend him for returning the card, but I even started the damn thread!

leon gives half-hearted apology w/ continued disparaging remarks about not trusting him.

I have no reason to trust or distrust him. I don't collect prewar. never even bought or attempted to buy anything from him or even had a need to attempt to negotiate with him.

all in all, it came outta left field and apparently been harboring feelings for months now...

but in the end, it's pretty sophomoric, petty and am choosing not to be a part of it.

let it go, dude.

haven't you dealt w/ enough on this card?

https://forums.collectors.com/messageview.aspx?catid=11&threadid=950723&highlight_key=y&keyword1=nypl

edit: it even gives him props for the possibility of getting compensated from sgc on the guarantee since the card was bumped down and what a possible ingenious move, if so. use the rules to your advantage!

1952boyntoncollector
01-28-2016, 08:10 AM
Wish the same could be said for you.

one could only hope.....but I look forward to your future posts!

Leon
01-28-2016, 08:14 AM
CU deleted the first thread over there and that might (probably) be where your comment was stated. I am 100% sure just as you would be if you were in my shoes. But that is old news and my PM today was my getting it off my chest. Overall you were never on my sh** list. It takes more than one crappy comment for that. Do as you like...

leon replies w. disparaging remark about the ol peck and Snyder card and "sure, i'll do you a favor even though..."

I fwd a thread from the cu board not only where I commend him for returning the card, but I even started the damn thread!

leon gives half-hearted apology w/ continued disparaging remarks about not trusting him.

I have no reason to trust or distrust him. I don't collect prewar. never even bought or attempted to buy anything from him or even had a need to attempt to negotiate with him.

all in all, it's all pretty sophomoric and petty.

let it go, dude.

https://forums.collectors.com/messageview.aspx?catid=11&threadid=950723&highlight_key=y&keyword1=nypl

1952boyntoncollector
01-28-2016, 08:23 AM
one guess: the ol peck n snyder pecks again.

leon replies w. disparaging remark about the ol peck and snyder card and "sure, i'll do you a favor even though..."

all in all, it came outta left field and apparently been harboring feelings for months now...

but in the end, it's pretty sophomoric, petty and am choosing not to be a part of it.

let it go, dude.

edit: it even gives him props for the possibility of getting compensated from sgc on the guarantee since the card was bumped down and what a possible ingenious move, if so. use the rules to your advantage!

ok I understand the frustration there...the explanation is a lot better to readers than not hearing anything....I do comment on things which causes people to respond but I definitely leave it open for people to explain their side and I think you did it adequately....not sure why you would want to banish yourself now though...unless its because asoriano thinks you should...we all have to follow what asoriano says of course...:)

begsu1013
01-28-2016, 08:29 AM
CU deleted the first thread over there and that might (probably) be where your comment was stated.

she said, she said. and while that's my favorite beatles tune, you are 100% wrong again and simply another assumption. again, a self admitted "very stressful" time for you. i could/would completely understand considering the heat you were taking and attacks being thrown at you from every angle but it was the half hearted apology, yet still coupled w/ provoking comments after all this that gets me. You can admit, that we were good and talking it out up until that point, correct?

i appreciate you saying i wasn't on your shit list, but then again i had no reason to be. and if i did, why let it fester for months on end? it coulda been cleared up right then and there if you felt like something was misconstrued vs trying to recall something from months ago.

i am posting and pointing out facts, links to threads, etc

you are posting he said, she said and probablys.

and if i did make disparaging remarks why would i turn around, start a thread and commend you for returning the damn thing?

doesn't make sense.

Leon
01-28-2016, 08:37 AM
I just forwarded email comments concerning you from several months ago to the member I was discussing it with. So, no, not really making stuff up...though my dates could admittedly be off. I say we drop it and let it be.....as the Beatles would say.

she said, she said. and while that's my favorite beatles tune, you are 100% wrong again and simply another assumption. again, a self admitted "very stressful" time for you. i could/would completely understand considering the heat you were taking and attacks being thrown at you from every angle but it was the half hearted apology, yet still coupled w/ provoking comments after all this that gets me. You can admit, that we were good and talking it out up until that point, correct?

i appreciate you saying i wasn't on your shit list, but then again i had no reason to be. and if i did, why let it fester for months on end? it coulda been cleared up right then and there vs trying to recall something from months ago.

i am posting and pointing out facts, links to threads, etc

you are posting he said, she said and probablys.

Joshchisox08
01-28-2016, 08:40 AM

ullmandds
01-28-2016, 08:46 AM
c'mon folks...lets just let this be...this thread is making me dizzy miss lizzy.

today is for corruption discussions and shills and crookery...lets stay on task here!

begsu1013
01-28-2016, 08:48 AM
still have not gotten those messages, but consider this for a second...

ringo: "i just got a valentines day card from john lennon in the mail"

paul: "i know, me too"

does this really make you believe he sent out valentines day cards this year?

and the more i think about it...

why in the world would the cu mod delete a thread simply because i said i don't trust you?

now, i fully admit there was another thread going on over there. hell, i even pointed out in reference on the one that i started saying "i couldn't find it but if someone could, please point it out to me" but what it didn't say was this: "i talked a lot of sh!t about leon, now i would fully like to polish his knob for returning it". please.

but it makes a lot more sense that a certain someone would request for said thread to be deleted vs it being deleted simply because of mere trust issues....

h2oya311
01-28-2016, 08:52 AM

Awesome!!!

begsu1013
01-28-2016, 08:53 AM

+1. that sh!t is hilarious!

Leon
01-28-2016, 08:55 AM
It was the first thread about it over on CU. And no, I have never asked anyone at CU to delete a post or thread.....they did it on their own but a few in that thread said it would go poof soon and it did....but maybe I am making all of this up because I have nothing better to do?

still have not gotten those messages, but consider this for a second...

ringo: "i just got a valentines day card from john lennon in the mail"

paul: "i know, me too"

does this really make you believe he sent out valentines day cards this year?

and the more i think about it...

why in the world would the cu mod delete a thread simply because i said i don't trust you?

now, i fully admit there was another thread going on over there. hell, i even pointed out in reference on the one that i started saying "i couldn't find it" but if someone could, please point it out to me..."i talked a lot of sh!t about leon, now i would fully like to polish his knob for returning it". please.

but it makes a lot more sense that a certain someone would request for said thread to be deleted vs it being deleted simply because of mere trust issues....

begsu1013
01-28-2016, 09:00 AM
please. i don't think you are an absolute moron, leon. far from it.

but could you have misconstrued or taken outta context something at a self admitted "very stressful" time in your life? sure. who couldn't? 100% plausible!

the fact that you simply have no facts, completely blindside me, offer a crap apology and then have the audacity to play the "i'm just making this all up" card is what is defining character at this particular moment...

frankbmd
01-28-2016, 09:30 AM
Y'all (or Ya'll) come over for today's breakfast special.

http://www.collectorfocus.com/images/show/frankbmd/z-folder/37028/be-breakfast

Or if "you say you want a revolution", just meet me in the parking lot

http://www.collectorfocus.com/images/show/frankbmd/z-folder/37029/be-parking-lot

Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday.
Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long.
I am the egg man, they are the egg men.
I am the walrus, coo coo cachoo

begsu1013
01-28-2016, 09:36 AM
other side of the family, but you never sausage a place!

completely kidding, of course. no relation whatsoever.

benchod
01-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Bob,
I hope you reconsider and stick around.
I want to hear the story of your 1977 Reggie Jackson proof

Beatles Guy
01-28-2016, 12:01 PM
These types of threads get us Nowhere Man.

Runscott
01-28-2016, 12:14 PM
This thread has been here, there and everywhere.

There have been a few forums (not this one) where the participant behavior was so idiotic and the moderation so horrible/unfair, that I considered asking to be 'deleted'; however, I considered it with the assumption that the moderator would take me up on it. I think if you ask to be removed, you should be removed in less than a shake of a lamb's tail.

There are some forums where, if you ask to be removed, they warn you that all traces of your existence will be removed (other than quoted posts, I assume) - that's the way I would want it done to me if I made such a request.

Having said all that, I have never asked to be removed from a forum - even the incredibly stupid ones that I should never have joined.

Nothing against Bob, although I am on a detox diet that doesn't allow sausage.

Stonepony
01-28-2016, 01:11 PM

There have been a few forums (not this one) where the participant behavior was so idiotic and the moderation so horrible/unfair, that I considered asking to be 'deleted'; however, I considered it with the assumption that the moderator would take me up on it. I think if you ask to be removed, you should be removed in less than a shake of a lamb's tail.

There are some forums where, if you ask to be removed, they warn you that all traces of your existence will be removed (other than quoted posts, I assume) - that's the way I would want it done to me if I made such a request.

Having said all that, I have never asked to be removed from a forum - even the incredibly stupid ones that I should never have joined.

This unsubscription is taking longer that a KISS Farewell Tour!

Rich Klein
01-28-2016, 01:17 PM
The long and winding road
That leads to this thread
Will never disappear
I've seen that thread before
It always leads me here
Lead me to your posts

a few more stanzas and then

But still they lead me back
To the long winding thread
You left me reading here
A long long time ago
Don't keep me reading here
Lead me to your posts
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Runscott
01-28-2016, 01:20 PM
This unsubscription is taking longer that a KISS Farewell Tour!

It's the 'KISS your butt farewell' tour :)

I once wanted to ban myself from a forum, and found that there was an option for that - I could do it all on my own just by clicking a link; however, when I did so, it warned me that all posts would also be removed. I almost did it just out of curiosity, but stopped because I realized there were some people in the forum who were friends, and who could only get hold of me through the forum.

Now I'm going to go back and find that forum and delete myself. I'll report back how it works out. Thanks to Bob for giving me the idea…and courage…to take this needed step.

wolf441
01-28-2016, 01:38 PM

This reminds me of the old Yakov Smirnoff joke from the '80's: "Comedy is different in USSR. In USSR, if you say "Take my wife, please", you come home, she is gone"... :D

cammb
01-28-2016, 01:43 PM
this unsubscription is taking longer that a kiss farewell tour!

lol

cammb
01-28-2016, 01:49 PM
Why would anyone "banish" themselves when all you have to do is not participate. Unless you want to draw more attention to themselves. Hmmm

midwaylandscaping
01-28-2016, 01:55 PM
Why would anyone "banish" themselves when all you have to do is not participate. Unless you want to draw more attention to themselves. Hmmm

:D

ALR-bishop
01-28-2016, 02:07 PM
What is the timing difference between one versus two shakes of a lamb's tail

vintagetoppsguy
01-28-2016, 02:14 PM

10 nanoseconds. No, seriously, it is. :D

ALR-bishop
01-28-2016, 02:20 PM
I agree with you on two, but he said one. Is that 5 nanos ?

I realize some may think this off topic, but it does relate to the timing of self initiated deletions

vintagetoppsguy
01-28-2016, 02:50 PM
In "Two Shakes of a lamb's tail" a shake is not a verb, but a unit of measurement equaling 10 nanoseconds. So, two shakes would equal 20 nanoseconds. At least that's my understanding. :D

ALR-bishop
01-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Well, one shake or two, if a nanosecond is one billionth of a second, poor Bob would not have lasted long if Runscott was in charge :)

Beastmode
01-28-2016, 03:53 PM
lol

I like Bob and think he's funny. However, if he recants, would that be an un-unsubscription, or a re-subscription.

Runscott
01-28-2016, 04:35 PM

I heard Uma Thurman say "Two shakes of a lamb's tail" in 'Pulp Fiction', and figured Uma wouldn't need to shake anything more than once to get what she needed.