PDA

View Full Version : Looking to put an auto set together. LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS

soxfan1986
01-25-2016, 07:43 PM
Just started this with baseball as well .
Went with the 2000 fleer showcase sweet sigs auto set.
Here are some of the reasons I liked that set, and would like to apply some of the same principles to the football set that I select
- small checklist. Sweet sigs only has 10, but I would go as high as 25-30
- guys relevant to when I was growing up watching. Not all hofers but some stars and other just well known guys.
- pro uni, pretty much a given in baseball but want the same in football
- nothing crazy high end. With sweet sigs only couple cards in the $75-$100 range. Would like same kind of pricing in football.
- somewhat hard to find , but not impossible. Not looking to complete the set in a week
- would like it to be from a decent product and have something that makes it stand out somehow. With sweet sigs it was the first auto set on the actual sweet spot of the ball

So basically looking for a football auto set to chase while I'm working on the baseball set.
I know it's kind of picky list, honestly doesn't have to match all the criteria but most would be nice.

I guess these are the only FIRM RULES
pro uni
No 2015 product
Nothing more then 30 guys
Star and HOF heavy

Would appreciate any help and or suggestions of which set to choose.

sockwell123
01-25-2016, 10:14 PM
Dunno if this fits all of your requirements, but i've spotted a lot of these floating around on ebay, with Otto Graham and others... and seem reasonably priced that i can tell.

soxfan1986
01-26-2016, 06:18 PM
Well decision has been made.
Going to go after the 2001 so authentic signs of the times auto set.

37 cards total, pro uniforms, on card autos, and loaded with hofers and some solid stars also.

If anyone has any for sale please message me.