PDA

View Full Version : Wow, this sounds pretty legit to me!

darkhorse9
01-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Posted today on my local Craigslist. Anyone see any red flags here :)

Babe Ruth Baseball and Ty Cobb Card for sale

I was recently given an autographed baseball signed by Babe Ruth and some other ball players. I don't know much about it. It was given to me as part of my friends estate. I want to sell it as I need the money more than a ball.

Am looking to sell for a fair price since I got it for free. I know it has value but not sure how much. It has some kine of a certificate with 'JSSA" on it- although I have no clue what that means. I am guessing it means someone thinks it is genuine. I hope to get $700 or so for it.

I can show it to you but you must be willing to willing to meet me at public place like Starbucks. I was also given an autographed baseball card by Ty Cobb that is almost brand new and was clearly well maintained, that has a "PSA' certificate with it. I think the baseball is probably worth more. I would be happy to get about $1000 for both items, I am guessing someone around here will want these.

I dont want to put it on Ebay as I am dont have an account and am not technically savy. I am still learning how to use a computer as I just turn 70/ Please don't ask for any pictures as I dont even have a camera.

If anyone has interest in either item, leave me your NAME AND and PHONE NUMBER. I dont like emails since I dont like computers. I will only call you but please talk loud so I can hear you. It may take a day or so before I call you becuawe I only look at my computer one time aday.- Although I am a trust worth elderly person, I prefer cash but would take a personal check ONLY if you have valid ID. Thank

you. Wilbur

ullmandds
01-25-2016, 02:02 PM
nope! if they say they are trustworthy...i believe them!!

rdwyer
01-25-2016, 02:05 PM
Name is Wilbur. Sounds honest to me. He can do Craigslist, but not eBay?

iwantitiwinit
01-25-2016, 02:25 PM
He was given a baseball card by Ty Cobb ("I was also given an autographed baseball card by Ty Cobb that is almost brand new and was clearly well maintained") holy shi... how old is Ty now 129? Was he spry looking, did he tell you about the sinking of the Titanic or the invention of that new fangled TV thing?

ctownboy
01-25-2016, 02:28 PM
Why don't you call Wilbur and ask if he will meet you at the local police department? That is a public place and also a place that should be safe. On the plus side, if he is a scam artist he is much closer to being arrested.....

David

Eric72
01-25-2016, 02:45 PM
...how old is Ty now 129? Was he spry looking...?

Even at 129, he could probably still hit above the Mendoza Line.

Den*nis O*Brien
01-25-2016, 02:47 PM
.......He has a talking horse and people are skeptical of that too!!!!

philliesfan
01-25-2016, 02:59 PM
I am waiting to buy his pet Unicorn.

h2oya311
01-25-2016, 03:22 PM
.......He has a talking horse and people are skeptical of that too!!!!

"Wiiiiiiiiiiilburrrrrrrrrr!"

Sincerely, Mr. Ed.

Leon
01-25-2016, 03:32 PM
"Wiiiiiiiiiiilburrrrrrrrrr!"

Sincerely, Mr. Ed.

That was my immediate thought. Btw, that message is about like a few legit ones I have seen (most aren't of course) from some older "non computer" folks...

BeanTown
01-25-2016, 04:13 PM
Now, as I recall.... Didn't trucker boy start out like a fairytale and too good to Be true and then he turned out to be legit and have a complete set of Western Playground cards along with other PCL items?? Now, granted those deals happen once in awhile but still it's worth a shot!!! Go meet him and since yall met on Craigslist I would meet at the police station...lol. Why are you on Craigslist too????

GasHouseGang
01-25-2016, 04:35 PM
You know, it sounds so stupid it almost seems real. If you meet the guy and he's 70, that would be a good sign. If his young "nephew" shows up instead, then forget it.:D

Leon
01-26-2016, 07:04 AM
Absolutely things can be real when they seem like a scam. Yes, the complete set of Western Playgrounds and many other super rare cards were found from an inheritance. It can happen....

Now, as I recall.... Didn't trucker boy start out like a fairytale and too good to Be true and then he turned out to be legit and have a complete set of Western Playground cards along with other PCL items?? Now, granted those deals happen once in awhile but still it's worth a shot!!! Go meet him and since yall met on Craigslist I would meet at the police station...lol. Why are you on Craigslist too????