PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Goldin Auctions

batkidiii
01-15-2016, 05:17 PM
I have never bid on anything from Goldin auctions and was wondering if they have a good reputation. Any thoughts?

Leon
01-15-2016, 05:21 PM
I have never bid on anything from Goldin auctions and was wondering if they have a good reputation. Any thoughts?

NO worries asking questions. They are a good company and advertise on this board. Please remember all opinions of companies or people need full names in their posts.....thanks

Stonepony
01-15-2016, 05:23 PM
I consider them highly reputable and have had good experiences both as bidder and consignor

xplainer
01-15-2016, 05:25 PM

Here we go. This should be a good thread. Just don't bash Don West. He is my hero! I love him.:D

batkidiii
01-15-2016, 05:29 PM
I love Don West too. He was awesome!

Byron

UnVme7
01-15-2016, 05:37 PM
You'll be just fine. They try to do it the right way. I wouldn't worry. I've bought and consigned.

iwantitiwinit
01-15-2016, 05:54 PM
Reputable. Have only bot a few items from them however everything was transacted smoothly and quickly.

xplainer
01-15-2016, 05:54 PM
I've never had a issue with Ken (Kenny) Goldin. As a buyer. Never sold through him though.

Not a issue as far as I m concerned.

batkidiii
01-15-2016, 05:56 PM
I like the items they have this auction. It rivals REA. Thats why I was curious.

thetruthisoutthere
01-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Don West. He was a trip!!!!

I'd wake up in the middle of the night just to watch him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmQrmiqr7Fg

batkidiii
01-15-2016, 07:12 PM
Me too!

pokerplyr80
01-15-2016, 08:13 PM
I have won a couple of items and never had a problem. I had a couple of questions and reached out to Ken through net54. He responded promptly and was very helpful. I'm planning to bid in their current auction.

dougiedshow
01-15-2016, 09:13 PM
I've consigned or purchased from Goldin Auctions in every auction they've held since 2012. I've been happy with the prices my items have brought. You get your money pretty quickly as well. The staff is quick to reply to emails or calls and Ken is very accessible. I collect mostly game used items, so I've also bought some cool stuff. Overall, I think they're the best auction house I've used.

Doug Reiser

danmckee
01-16-2016, 08:31 AM
I have bid in almost all of their auctions. I had a minor issue once with shipping and they handled it very fast and professional! There was never a doubt on my end. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Oh and my issue was caused by a software glitch, not a Human Being.

I do not hesitate to bid with them.

I have been collecting 47 years and I recommend Goldin Auctions.

The only knock against them is that they advertise here :) J/K Leon.

Dan Mckee

jsage
01-16-2016, 09:28 AM
THEY ARE THE BEST.............................
Ken and all the people that work at Goldin Auctions are fantastic.
Outstanding customer service - first class all the way.
Jerry Sage

Yoda
01-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Would agree they offer first class service and enjoy a reliable reputation, although sometimes a bit slow paying consignors in my experience. Steve Lucas, a refugee from Legendary, is now their card guy and is quite knowledgeable on the vintage stuff. How he will do running a dept. for a big auction house remains to be seen.

Leon
01-16-2016, 11:48 AM
Would agree they offer first class service and enjoy a reliable reputation, although sometimes a bit slow paying consignors in my experience. Steve Lucas, a refugee from Legendary, is now their card guy and is quite knowledgeable on the vintage stuff. How he will do running a dept. for a big auction house remains to be seen.

Glad to hear Steve (hi Steve if you are reading) landed there. I have always liked him...and have known him around 15 yrs or so....

ullmandds
01-16-2016, 11:53 AM
I have bid in almost all of their auctions. I had a minor issue once with shipping and they handled it very fast and professional! There was never a doubt on my end. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Oh and my issue was caused by a software glitch, not a Human Being.

I do not hesitate to bid with them.

I have been collecting 47 years and I recommend Goldin Auctions.

The only knock against them is that they advertise here :) J/K Leon.

Dan Mckee

not exactly how I remember it...but...whatever!!!!!!:o

iwantitiwinit
01-17-2016, 04:15 PM
In addition to my prior positive comment I forgot that I once had a problem with a purchase from Goldin that was caused by me. They went out of their way to rectify it quickly and at their expense even though I had not been a large purchaser from them. Really couldn't have asked for anything better.

pencil1974
01-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Steve is a great guy, he actually swung by my office in downtown Chicago the other day to pick up some Ruth items I'm putting into their all Ruth auction coming up.

We talked for a good hour about the hobby. He's seems very excited to be there so I'm sure he'll run things just fine.

1952boyntoncollector
01-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Steve is a great guy, he actually swung by my office in downtown Chicago the other day to pick up some Ruth items I'm putting into their all Ruth auction coming up.

We talked for a good hour about the hobby. He's seems very excited to be there so I'm sure he'll run things just fine.

man did you give 1933 goudey ruths..I been looking for a yellow or red ruth and always lose at auction by one bid ..so seller would of netted more if did the deal direct..