PDA

View Full Version : Somebody confused the card for the gum.....

Brian Van Horn
01-15-2016, 04:30 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Goudey-149-Babe-Ruth-Authenticated-No-Holder-by-PSA-Yankees-/201445750600?hash=item2ee71a3748

AGuinness
01-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Why would PSA (or any other company) authenticate but not slab a card? Seems silly to have the paperwork, but not all contained together with the card it's authenticating...

frankbmd
01-15-2016, 04:59 PM
Owner - Tyson

Card - Babe Holyfield

Exhibitman
01-15-2016, 04:59 PM
I think the seller is 'stretching' the definition of what PSA did to mislead those who are not familiar with PSA's grading standards. The sleeve is a rejection, not an authentication, just not for a reason where they charge you money. If the card was authenticated, it would be in a holder labeled Authentic or Authentic Altered:

N-0 Authentic Only - This means that PSA is only certifying that the item is genuine, without a numerical grade. This may be due to the existence of an alteration, one with malice or otherwise, a major defect or the original submitter may have requested that PSA encapsulate the card without a grade. The "Authentic" label means that the item, in our opinion, is real but nothing more.

AA Authentic Altered - This means that while PSA is certifying that the item is genuine, due to the existence of alterations, the item cannot receive a numerical grade. The term altered may mean that the card shows evidence of one or more of the following: trimming, recoloring, restoration, and/or cleaning. Items receiving the "Authentic Altered" designation, in our opinion, are genuine with the presence of some type of alteration. This is done on a case-by-case basis only, and must be notated on the submission form at the time of submission.

AGuinness
01-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Cert number doesn't check out on PSA website. This card (wait for it) ... bites.

brianp-beme
01-16-2016, 09:37 AM
The seller used to post here and is a knowledgeable collector, and the card appears authentic. I believe he just misstated its status. Maybe I should buy his weight loss Ruth to match up with mine.

Brian

Yoda
01-16-2016, 09:53 AM
I am sorry professor but my dog ate my Babe Ruth term paper. OK??