PDA

View Full Version : Wow Glad it was not a shipment from PSA.....

philliesfan
01-14-2016, 06:44 PM
I went next door to my mother in laws today. On the way over, in the street in front of her house I found a box busted open with books thrown about twenty or thirty feet. These were mostly text book size so they were a little heavy and awkward to carry, especially with bad knees like me.....and there was about 35 to 40 of them. I made several trips picking them up and taking them to her garage. The box must have fell off the back of a Fed-Ex truck.

I called Fed-Ex Ground and explained the situation. They were quite nice on the phone and said a driver would be out to pick it up before 6:00 p.m. They came around 5:00 when I was not home. The driver was very rude, pounding on my mother in laws door. She opened the garage and he very rudely tells her that he won't take it because he is FedEx Air and we need to call FedEx Ground plus he said we need to package and tape it up! He left her with a phone number for FedEx Ground which was the phone number I called in the first place.

You try to do the right thing and and you get nothing but aggravation. I will call them again tomorrow and see what happens

I am sure glad it was not a shipment of PSA cards going to someone. But if it was, I would still be trying to get them to their rightful owner...........even it it some T-206's or a Mantle rookie or a Goudy Ruth.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Robert

vthobby
01-14-2016, 07:15 PM
Great story. I would simply call them back, tell them what happened and then mention to them that the local news channel found this story hilarious and that they are on their way to cover the story.

Then count to one hundred and see if the Fedex truck magically arrives with a cordial driver! :)

Peace,Mike

scooter729
01-14-2016, 07:52 PM
I had a similar experience with FedEx a month or so ago. A FedEx delivery was left at my door on a Saturday morning which wasn't for me, but meant for an address 2-3 miles across town. (I was home, but they just left it without ringing the bell.) It was a giant heavy (40+ lb.) package.

Coincidentally, a FedEx delivery which was mine came an hour or so later. I asked the driver if he could take the incorrect package, and I got the same Air / Ground story, and he wouldn't touch it. He told me to call FedEx to have someone pick it up.

Annoyingly, I called FedEx and complained and said I wanted someone to pick it up. I was told it is their policy that Air / Ground drivers can't touch packages from the other. What a horrible policy - shouldn't it have the appearance of one company to their customers, not separate entities?

Anyways, I was told no one could come pick up the package before Monday afternoon. I wanted nothing to do with a 40 pound giant box in my house over the weekend (it's cluttered enough with two small kids), so I threw it in my car and drove it to the address myself, and told the person at the house to be thankful I was honest, and to complain that FedEx has horrible stupid policies.

OK, done ranting.

Stonepony
01-14-2016, 07:59 PM
I read the first sentence, shuddered, and couldn't read on...sorry.

frankbmd
01-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Was your mother-in-law at least able to scan the delivery in the garage to maintain the excellent FedEx tracking information? I suspect he intended recipient would be interested in the update.

philliesfan
01-14-2016, 08:19 PM
HaHaHa. No but I did call the shipper to let them know about this box #3 of 5 was going to be late.

edjs
01-14-2016, 09:03 PM
I work on a huge installation, and all FedEx packages are delivered and signed for at one building, regardless of who it is intended for. The mail guys called me and said we had an envelope they signed for, but it turned out it was not for anyone at our installation. I took the envelope back to the little FedEx/Kinkos by my house, and the guy told me once someone signed for it, it was "no longer my problem." I went out to my car and wrote a note on it, and stuck it in their drop box outside their door. The note said "I guess it's your problem now, A-hole."

DHogan
01-14-2016, 10:02 PM
I used to work for an airfreight company. (not Fedx or UPS) There were some pretty screwed up people there, that did some pretty screwed up things when loading or unloading large items and small packages from trucks and cargo planes.

buymycards
01-15-2016, 05:30 AM
Many of the Fed Ex Ground drivers are working for private contractors and they are not Fed Ex employees. Many are working 60 hours a week, for very low pay and minimal benefits. Some are being paid by the package, as little as 10 cents per stop. Most Fed Ex Air employees are well paid company employees with decent benefits.

Anyway, that is the way my Fed Ex Ground contract driver explained it to me. It doesn't explain the shoddy service, but they have a lot of employee turnover and don't seem to always hire customers friendly employees.

Rick

bxb
01-15-2016, 06:03 AM
Customer service has deteriorated in almost all aspects of American business in the last 20 years.

pariah1107
01-15-2016, 01:14 PM
FEDEX: "Sorry we lost your books, but is education really that important?"
A TEACHER WITHOUT THEIR ORDERED TEXT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp7k3WWZOds