PDA

View Full Version : Experience with lost USPS packages?

jason.1969
01-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Wondering if anyone has successfully recovered a lost USPS package before.

Situation is this. Great transaction with N54 member. He sent cards promptly via USPS certified and tracking info showed the package was picked up Dec 28 by the courier who trucks mail between a main downtown Chicago USPS facility to my office building.

However, the package never made it to my office. Am suspecting it's somewhere in the bowels of some truck or room and wondering if anyone has tips for what I can do...other than just mourn the loss.

ibuysportsephemera
01-12-2016, 01:10 PM
I have had good luck by signing up for email alerts. For some reason this gets the package back on track. Good luck.

Jeff

jason.1969
01-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Thanks. Just signed up. Will see what happens. The unfortunate thing is Status already shows as Delivered since pickup by the bldg courier is as good as done in the eyes of USPS.

D. Bergin
01-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Was the courier a USPS employee?

Seems like an internal issue to me once the package was signed for and transferred to a non-USPS based mail carrier. Maybe a trip to your buildings mail room is in order.

jason.1969
01-31-2016, 07:27 AM
Took forever but resolved. My bldg security manager let me know only one of our 30 tenants use a courier. I checked with them, they remembered seeing the package, and they vaguely recalled dumping it back in a mailbox somewhere (um, thanks, I'm just a 20 second elevator trip away!).

For whatever reason, the Post Office neither attempted delivery, attempted return to sender, or updated tracking. Fortunately my latter carrier was willing to hunt around and eventually found it.

And my card display now gas 1934s of Frisch and Cochrane in its top row.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/31/ee89def85759e52e2436c20e8b7e0abf.jpg

almostdone
02-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Glad it all worked out Jason. Display looks great by the way. I love seeing personal collecting subsets on display and yours it very nice.
Drew