PDA

View Full Version : 1937 New York YANKEES Study Photographs (Pretty Cool)

sporteq
01-10-2016, 12:43 PM
I just want to share these photographs that took me about 5 years to complete. If anyone knows if it's NOT complete, let me know.

Thanks for looking.

mybestbretts
01-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Cool:)

ullmandds
01-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Awesome! So you put this together yourself ?

JoeDfan
01-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Super cool!

sporteq
01-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Awesome! So you put this together yourself ?

I acquired each photo as they became available. A few years ago, Henry had the legs/feet available. I didn't know that image had exist. Then, RMY had the hands last year, which went up to $800 (more than i wanted to pay) I obtained the legs and hands this past early fall. I wonder if there's a torso/waist Image out there?

JoeDfan
01-11-2016, 01:42 PM
It reminds me of a couple of negatives of Joe D. I got a couple of years ago that were just his hands (holding a bat) and then of just his feet.
Last year, I saw a photo of just his face, but I didn't pick it up.

I think my negatives are from George Brace?

perezfan
01-11-2016, 03:06 PM
I think you now have the entire set. I've read a couple of times that these are the three known variations, and really doubt that there's a "torso" variation.

Congrats... Are you framing these individually or perhaps together? Seems like there are some great display possibilities for this trio.

sporteq
01-12-2016, 12:13 PM
I think you now have the entire set. I've read a couple of times that these are the three known variations, and really doubt that there's a "torso" variation.

Congrats... Are you framing these individually or perhaps together? Seems like there are some great display possibilities for this trio.

Yeah- at some point I'll have them framed. I haven't get given it much thought yet. They're currently in that plastic top loader, as seen in the pic.

Thanks,
Albert

drcy
01-13-2016, 12:44 PM
Definitely should be framed for the wall.

Forever Young
01-13-2016, 06:39 PM
These are sweet. I love "mini" collection projects within photography. Very very cool. However, I heard there was a wang pose. Good luck finding that one..

Leon
01-14-2016, 06:48 AM
These are sweet. I love "mini" collection projects within photography. Very very cool. However, I heard there was a wang pose. Good luck finding that one..

and none of those shower poses please....and remember, if you have a boner for more than 4 hours go to the emergency room (so the commercial says)!!

Cool pics on the original post....congrats!!

sporteq
01-15-2016, 12:07 PM

Umm..yeah, I'll stay clear from that image.. haha :eek:

Scott Garner
01-15-2016, 03:03 PM

:eek: :D
Good one, Ben!
Albert,
These photo studies are very cool.

Forever Young
01-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Umm..yeah, I'll stay clear from that image.. haha :eek:

But your collection would be incomplete....???

Lordstan
01-18-2016, 08:49 PM
Nice set Albert. Though I love collecting Gehrig, I am not sure I would go for a photo of them all showing their wood either.

Forever Young
01-18-2016, 09:12 PM
Nice set Albert. Though I love collecting Gehrig, I am not sure I would go for a photo of them all showing their wood either.

No iron horse wood for you? Clearly you are not a true fan/collector.

Lordstan
01-18-2016, 09:22 PM
Sorry Ben. My love for Lou ends at his wood.

sporteq
01-20-2016, 07:03 PM
But your collection would be incomplete....???

Ben- unfortunately yes... no woods photos:p

Mark, Gehrig is turning over in his grave, bcuz you have NO interest in his WOOD! He knows your a top of the tier fan. Well maybe not no more :confused::confused:

Lordstan
01-21-2016, 09:05 PM
Mark, Gehrig is turning over in his grave, bcuz you have NO interest in his WOOD! He knows your a top of the tier fan. Well maybe not no more :confused::confused:

Nah. I think Lou was the type of guy who would be perfectly fine that I had no interest in his wood.