PDA

View Full Version : Off Topics and 1950s on the front page

Leon
01-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Hey folks
Please be careful where you are starting your threads. If a card was made in the 1950s or later it shouldn't really go on the front page. That being said the '52 Micks are such a big deal then talking about them, or other extraordinary issues, on the front page are fine SOMETIMES but not all the time. Let's try to get back to being a bit more pre-war on the front page. This is not an all or nothing rule....only a friendly plea..... thanks....

Stonepony
01-10-2016, 10:02 AM
+1. The watercooler area is a great area for the many, many "OT" threads that are started on the prewar front page. It's in that area they belong. I agree with Leon that the front page is often too cluttered with topics that belong in other areas of the site. I have been guilty of this as well and will keep it in mind with future posts ! Thanks for the heads up Leon

Leon
01-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Thanks for your understanding, Dave. I don't think we want this place to become sterile but keeping our various forums mostly on topic will help all members. Off topics are fine on the front page but they should be less than they have been lately, that is all. And thanks to all of our members for continuing to make this one of the best baseball card forums on the web. Our recent discussions have been great. If anyone is interested our participation has been up a bit lately. We had 50+ new members register last month. Welcome to all of our new members too!! If I can ever help I am only a PM away.....Happy Collecting!!

ps...thanks for members patience on the few ads that are on the forum from time to time too!! It helps keep the lights on.

http://luckeycards.com/Py95scrappsbennett.jpg

+1. The watercooler area is a great area for the many, many "OT" threads that are started on the prewar front page. It's in that area they belong. I agree with Leon that the front page is often too cluttered with topics that belong in other areas of the site. I have been guilty of this as well and will keep it in mind with future posts ! Thanks for the heads up Leon

ALR-bishop
01-10-2016, 05:51 PM
I will do my best to avoid posting here

Leon
01-10-2016, 06:15 PM
I will do my best to avoid posting here

A few off topic threads are fine and almost needed :). Lately there have been a few too many. I have had to move too many threads lately and there are more off topics on the front page than normal.

Peter_Spaeth
01-10-2016, 06:17 PM
i will do my best to avoid posting here

lol