PDA

View Full Version : how to get a scan directly into a post

iowadoc77
01-09-2016, 04:51 PM
I know this has probably been addressed 100s of times so I apologize, but how do I get images directly from my photos on my computer to a post without having to use a URL? I assume I will have to compress the file size, but I also am not sure how to do that. Any help would be MUCH appreciated and again, sorry for asking what may be a very trivial question to most

All the best,
Eric

CW
01-09-2016, 04:59 PM
when replying just click the "insert image" icon and upload your image. The board will automatically compress it. I just tried a 1MB file and it compressed it down to 78KB on its own. This forum is actually one of the easier ones to post images.

(sorry, minor brainfart... Leon has it -- you need to be in advanced posting mode and go to the "attach files" section in additional options. There you'll find the manage attachments button.)

Leon
01-09-2016, 06:50 PM
.but basically once you have a jpg scan on your computer, generally in a photos section, you can click the "Manage Attachments" tab right below this box(and while you are typing a post) , in the additional options area. Once you click that a little box will appear and you will be able to select whatever photo you want to download. Once you do it once or twice it's very easy. You can PM me if it doesn't work for you and I will walk you through it..