PDA

View Full Version : Scanner/Archive Program (Software)

NashvilleMidlifeCrisis
01-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Hi again folks. Since recently rejoining the hobby I have acquired a fairly decent amount of cards (and value) that I would like to properly scan and archive both for insurance purposes but also for quick/easy recall for my viewing enjoyment and personal reminder at shows (i.e. forgetting what I have bought and what condition). Does anyone have recommendations of the best scanner that works well with graded cards as well as raws in top loaders? Any organizational software programs or websites you all use? Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Josh

toppcat
01-09-2016, 06:38 AM
My Canon 8800F does a fine job. I think any in that model line are great for cards and slabs.

Leon
01-09-2016, 06:51 AM
I have a Canon too. It works fine. There are several fairly long threads about scanners and s/w on the front page if you want to do a bit of searching. Good luck...

the 'stache
01-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Hi Josh, welcome to the forum.

Put me down as one who loves my Canon. I bought a used Canon Canoscan 8400F about three years ago on EBay for $50, and it does everything I need. I scan at 600dpi, and then resize in Photoshop. When it eventually dies, I'll buy a Canoscan 9000F mk II.

It really doesn't matter what card you are scanning. I buy everything from T206s to the modern Bowman Chrome cards. I scan in top loaders, Card Savers, one touch hard cases, cards slabbed by Beckett, PSA and SGC, as well as cards that I just put flat onto the scan glass with only a piece of black construction paper behind it. They all come out golden.

NashvilleMidlifeCrisis
01-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Thanks everyone! A Canon it is.