PDA

View Full Version : Will Griffeys and piazzas call to the hall bring back collecters ?

Rookiemonster
01-06-2016, 08:21 PM
Do think the election of Griffey and piazza bring back memories of
1989 UD Griffey rookie or the fleer update Piazza or bowman rc . And that stroll down memory lane might bring them to eBay in search of these cards and
Maybe even bring them back in to the hobby.

conor912
01-06-2016, 08:36 PM
I would say no more than Frank Thomas or the other guys inducted in the last couple of years, though Griffey does have the most iconic card of the generation, so it's possible a few more will jump back in. Either way, I don't see it making a noticable impact....and as far as the '89 UD card goes, I'd think that anyone who has ever wanted one already has one, but I could be wrong.

Peter_Spaeth
01-06-2016, 08:49 PM
I would say no more than Frank Thomas or the other guys inducted in the last couple of years, though Griffey does have the most iconic card of the generation, so it's possible a few more will jump back in. Either way, I don't see it making a noticable impact....and as far as the '89 UD card goes, I'd think that anyone who has ever wanted one already has one, but I could be wrong.

Given how many there are, I would guess lots of people who don't want one, have one too.

ullmandds
01-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Given how many there are, I would guess lots of people who don't want one, have one too.

haha...agree.

conor912
01-06-2016, 09:13 PM

Hahaha

iwantitiwinit
01-07-2016, 04:25 AM
I don't think it will have any impact what so ever.

JustinD
01-07-2016, 05:07 AM
The same temporary boost to those individual player values that happen every year. The same thing always happens after someone dies.

A bunch of people think "oh yeah, I remember him" and buy a card.

The ones that move on to more is a fractional number.

I personally think that the impact is greater with older players as with the junk wax players everyone just walks to the basement and gets the card because they have one. Everyone and their grandma has a Griffey.

coolshemp
01-07-2016, 08:26 AM
The same temporary boost to those individual player values that happen every year. The same thing always happens after someone dies.

A bunch of people think "oh yeah, I remember him" and buy a card.

The ones that move on to more is a fractional number.

I personally think that the impact is greater with older players as with the junk wax players everyone just walks to the basement and gets the card because they have one. Everyone and their grandma has a Griffey.

I don't have one....but then again I have never wanted one! :D

tab
01-09-2016, 09:46 AM
I have to admit I picked up a Griffey. Always wanted the card as a kid and never had one. Have thought about picking one up several time and never did until now.

Republicaninmass
01-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Sold my signed UD griffey this past week

z28jd
01-09-2016, 10:13 AM
About 15 years ago, someone bought a ton of 1989 Topps Traded sets, pulled the Griffey cards and got them all graded by PSA. I ended up buying almost 3000 Omar Vizquel rookies from him at pennies apiece. He sold off Randy Johnson and Nolan Ryan in big lots as well, but trashed the rest. Over 63,000 Griffey cards from that set have been graded by PSA alone. SGC has "only" graded 6400 in comparison.