PDA

View Full Version : Monroeville, PA Card Shows

Cozumeleno
01-06-2016, 02:40 PM
Wondering if anyone local/semi-local has been to the Monroeville, PA card shows just outside of Pittsburgh. These are just mall shows and I believe the guy who runs them also runs them in nearby Greensburg and Johnstown.

I believe they are pretty small (like 30 tables) but I'm thinking of making a run to the Monroeville one this weekend. Wondering if anyone has been to any of those and, if so, what kind of pre-war selection there usually is.

Marslife
01-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Hey!

dont know anything about it! but thanks for the heads up I will check it out this weekend....

here is info from sports collectors digest:

Jan 8-10 PA, Monroeville. Sports Card Show, Monroeville Mall. SH: mall hours, T: 30, A: free. Contact: Joe Shedlock PH: 412-601-0782; mr1035@aol.com.

thanks!

Cliff

TipTopBread
01-07-2016, 07:36 AM
In years past the Monroeville card show was very good. However in the last few years Monroeville itself has fallen in decline. The mall itself is a haven for very disorderly teens. I would suggest going early and leaving before dark. If I were SGC or PSA I would grade the area a (1) - POOR!!!

Bpm0014
01-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Agreed. There was a shooting in Macy's in broad daylight 2 years ago, and twice in the last year there were huge fights (some estimates say 500 people +) between groups of teens....

Cozumeleno
01-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Not sure if anyone made it to this or not, but it wasn't much. I think I saw like 4-5 people set up and while I saw some vintage, I didn't see anything older like T206, N-cards, etc. There's another one in Greensburg in a couple of weeks, but I would expect it's the same type of deal.