PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento,California collectors show Saturday Jan 9

oaks1912
01-06-2016, 09:54 AM
This Saturday (January 9th) there will be a sports collectors show at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 5321 Date Avenue (Just off I-80 / Madison) in Sacramento. The show is fast becoming one of the better shows in the Central Valley, attracting a growing number of vintage collectors and exhibitors. I will be set up with Alan O'Connor and Andy Bowers . Stop by and say hello. Feel free to bring along any surplus PCL material as well :)

DeanH3
01-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Looking forward to it! See ya there.

MMarvelli
01-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Mark

Looking forward to seeing you again Saturday!

Mark

mattsey9
01-06-2016, 11:10 PM
Will be there with my son. Looking for some trashy T206s and 34 Goudeys.

JollyElm
01-07-2016, 05:31 AM
Hey Mark,
Is the Sacramento show similar to the San Leandro show? Does it feature a lot of the same sellers and what not? I've been through everybody's stacks so many times there that I need to start finding some greener pastures. The well has run dry.

And is it similar size-wise (number of tables/dealers/etc.)?

It's a bit of a long hike to get to Sac Town for me, so I have to make sure it would be a good move. My collecting focus is primarily 50's, 60's and early 70's cards.
Thanks.

--elm

oaks1912
01-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Dean and Mark...Look forward to seeing you on Saturday....Mike, I'm sold out of sub $20 T-206's (They sell relatively fast), but I do have some off grade '34 Goudey including High numbers that I'll bring along...Elm..The Sacramento show is about 40 tables, roughly half the size of St Leanders. There is overlap on exhibitors including promoters Steve and Chris, Bob Celani, Alan O'Connor, Andy Bowers, along with Matt Corin and Ken Larimore (who are substitute exhibitors in San Leandro), but there are other dealers who bring mid century material....not Kit Young quantities, but they do bring it. The show is regularly selling out and is generating enthusiasm in the region. Steve and Chris have only been promoting the show there for a few years, and they understand the balance that you need at shows. A good idea is to talk with some of the exhibitors about the specific items you are looking for, as many of them undoubtedly have more material at home base, or have access to other material. Not talking '52 Mantles for $500 here, but there is always something left behind.... For me, Sacramento is a 100 mile trip (a milk run), but understand that it is an investment in time for many to make it there and Saturday's weather is supposed to be non cooperative. You can email me privately as to your specific wants or stop by the table and we can arrange items for the next show... Drive safe All.....:)

andypcl
01-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Hi Mark,
Looking forward to it! I never know what to bring along and have limited space so if someone is looking for anything in particular, please send me a note. I don't have the pre-war material but if anyone is looking for publications (PCL, Yearbooks, Famous Sluggers, Sacramento River Cats, etc.) let me know and I'll bring it along.
Thanks,
Andy

Lgarza99
01-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the heads up. Nice to have a show in the area.

jimtigers65
01-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Mark,

I'll see you this Saturday.

Jim

mattsey9
01-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Picked up some Goudeys and a T206 Wiltse. Otis had fun opening packs. Fun show.

oaks1912
01-09-2016, 07:22 PM
NIce to see everyone today... Otis stole the show. Somebody should have taken a picture of him tearing into the mountain of packs. The rest of us could only come close to the fun he was having.... See you in April