PDA

View Full Version : Best way to cut?

RobertC
01-03-2016, 06:26 PM
In the near future I will be cutting up some sheets to get out certain cards and get them graded. What is the best way to cut up a thin paper sheet and a thin cardboard sheet. Should I use scissors, razor blade, or X-acto knife? How much should I leave around the border. I am not real sensitive to grade, but I would like to get the best I can. I also have some sheets of perforated stamps. What would be the best way to separate them? I realize that some collectors do not like splitting up sheets, but I purchased these knowing that I would be cutting them up. There are a few cards/stamps that I have been unable to find, and this is probably the best way for me to obtain them.

Peter_Spaeth
01-03-2016, 06:27 PM
What are you cutting?

RobertC
01-03-2016, 06:32 PM
1969 MLB Photostamps Type 2 and 1971 Topps Baseball Tattoos (not too expensive), and a 1969 Braves Birthday Party Stamps.

Volod
01-07-2016, 04:55 PM
I picked up a barebones guillotine cutter on the Bay for a few bucks. If you need to line up the cuts precisely and quickly, i would think that would be the easiest and best way. Or, you could go to a library that has a large A/V department and ask to use their guillotine cutter.