PDA

View Full Version : Card Condition Value 9 Mint but with MC or OC

BlackH20
01-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Probably listed somewhere here in the site but I am a newbie and hope you all could assist me. A card rated by PSA at a 9 but then has a MC or OC designation by it. I know that this is "Miss Cut" or "Off Center" I believe, but what does it do to the value of the card? I would think they would just rate the card lower say a 8 or 7, but I understand that is not how it works. It can't be the same value as a 9 Mint? Any of your experienced input would be appreciated. Hoping to take up the hobby as I get near retirement.

Thanks so much!

pawpawdiv9
01-03-2016, 04:02 PM
it seems that a 9oc is considered a normal 7....not sure about a MC tho. I guess how severed the OC or MC is a factor as well...especially if its 65/35 or worse.
Personally if the card is of lower value, indeed try and get without the MC/OC....but if your talking maybe a Mantle 51,52 or mays, banks, n.ryan or etc , some may not matter. If it includes scarcity as well as a factor or low pop, then thats a whole new can of worms.
BTW- welcome to the boards 'newbie'

swarmee
01-03-2016, 04:14 PM
Yep, the basic is a 2 grade drop. They give a miscut if part of the card is cut off during production, or part of the adjoining card is visible. Off-center means that it's outside the centering requirements for the grade.
A submitter can request a straight 7 on a card that would be 9(OC) but it is up to the discretion of PSA whether to do it.