PDA

View Full Version : Snap Cases?

jchcollins
01-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Just curious if anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/type/card-display/pro-mold-pre-57-mini-snap-card-holder

I'm looking for some "rigid" cases over and above Card Saver I's for some of my more important pre-57's that aren't graded, and don't want to go back to the 4-screw slabs. Just curious if these actually hold up, or properly fit the cards.

Thanks for any help...

-John

Vintagevault13
01-03-2016, 06:39 PM
The cards move quite a bit in these cases. In the product description, BCW even suggests they are for less "important" cards. I would look at purchasing Ultra Pro Vintage sleeves and toploaders. They are slightly larger for the pre-1957 Topps cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JRO$!(
01-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Hey John, i think i have some and they seem to work properly. I want to try the 1 screw holders they sell. Has anybody used the magnet cases? It would be nice to hear more feedback about different types of card holders.......j
PS -- i use them for non-high grade cards

almostdone
01-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Personally I love the mini snap tites of case. They look great in most of the displays I make. I've never experienced cards moving or getting dinged up in them. The only issue I've ever experienced is if the case is dropped on a hard surface, like tile or a wood floor, and it hits on the corner the case might pop open.
Here is the 54 Red Heart set I made reciently using the pre57 mini snap tites. I think it turned out great and they help show off the cards without too much extra plastic surrounding it.
Drew

JRO$!(
01-09-2016, 03:40 PM
That is beauty.......congrats!:cool:

jchcollins
01-10-2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks guys, I may try some of these after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

almostdone
01-10-2016, 03:50 PM
That is beauty.......congrats!:cool:

Thanks. I wanted to do this set for years. When a nice Musial and Mantle came along for a good price I went for it. Definitely one of the most fun and enjoyable project I've done.
Drew