PDA

View Full Version : I need a Time Machine....

SmokyBurgess
12-31-2015, 07:29 AM
Ahhhh...the good old days. New Year's day and a bunch of bowl games on free TV....even the meaningful ones.

Now the monsters have gobbled up all the rights and put them on expensive cable tiers.

Guess I'm left with all those dumb lawyer shows and the cackling hens talk shows! (sigh)

LuckyLarry
01-02-2016, 04:10 AM
Ahhhh...the good old days. New Year's Eve and a bunch of bowl games on free TV....even the meaningful ones.
Now the monsters have gobbled up all the rights and put them on expensive cable tiers.
Guess I'm left with all those dumb lawyer shows and the cackling hens talk shows! (sigh)
I'm right there with you having ditched DirectTV about 10 years ago. I purchased a digital antenna and mounted it on my roof, but can't view many of the major sports events which are on cable.
Normally I'll just listen to the games on Tune In Radio then catch the video highlights the next day. I do have Netflix, and MLB usually streams one free game a day.

Larry

PolarBear
01-02-2016, 11:23 AM
I ditched cable in 1999 and never looked back. If I want to watch something, I'll rent a DVD, or better yet, check one out at the library.