PDA

View Full Version : The Yankees stoop to the gutter

RichardSimon
12-29-2015, 06:44 PM
Picking up Aroldis Chapman is a move that really is low.
Any other team in baseball could have had him for a very low price. Nobody else would touch this guy and with good reason.
Beating up a woman and firing a gun off multiple times was a screaming red light to every other team in baseball.

1952boyntoncollector
12-29-2015, 06:54 PM
dupe

1952boyntoncollector
12-29-2015, 06:56 PM
Picking up Aroldis Chapman is a move that really is low.
Any other team in baseball could have had him for a very low price. Nobody else would touch this guy and with good reason.
Beating up a woman and firing a gun off multiple times was a screaming red light to every other team in baseball.

If the guy isn't even convicted he has a right to make a living...people have been implicated in the killing of others and still play sports....drunk driving to me is attempted murder/manslaughter...'very low price' can mean a lot of things to a lot of different teams... I am sure almost every team would of given him a chance with the right salary.....Dodgers have had plenty of wife beaters on their rosters.......jose offerman was a very non violent guy ..

chaddurbin
12-30-2015, 10:32 AM
imagine the yankees bullpen with the met's starting rotation. madoff really screwed the mets over those wilpons don't have any money to build off those great young starters...that's the real crime here.

Bwarren92989
12-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Yankees did their homework.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hot Springs Bathers
12-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Yankees should be very concerned that the Giants or Jets will steal him since he appears to be auditioning for the NFL with that behavior.

Rookiemonster
12-30-2015, 01:07 PM
The Dodgers were trying to pick him up before the Yankees .

D. Bergin
12-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Hope they do a thorough psyche check on him as part of his physical. Good thing in a sense is he only has one year left on his contract, so he has a year to prove himself before they throw any more money at him.

If they all stay healthy, the bullpen will be lethal for at least 1 season. However, part of me thinks Andrew Miller is only a 2 or 3 year wonder type of pitcher, so it's not exactly fool proof in my mind.

chaddurbin
12-30-2015, 11:01 PM
The Dodgers were trying to pick him up before the Yankees .

the yankees ultimately gave lesser prospects to the reds compared to what the dodgers offered. in the end the dodgers didn't feel comfortable going through with the deal. as a dodgers fan i wouldn't have minded if they stuck with the deal since i'm all about winning, and i'm not naive enough to think all of these guys are saints. but i don't have a problem with the new front office creating a good guy culture in the clubhouse starting with kershaw (as seen by them shipping out malcontents such as kemp and hanley ramirez).

clydepepper
12-31-2015, 01:05 AM
I don't care about all that other 'stuff'...

Just hit 106 again!