PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Baseball Card Show January 3

Tony Gordon
12-28-2015, 09:18 PM
Small vintage sports card show set from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, January 3, 2016, at the Clarion Hotel, 5311 S. Howell, Milwaukee. Show features dealers from Illinois and Wisconsin.

Rich Klein
12-29-2015, 09:53 AM
Do you still do your show blog, the last time I looked it was fun reading. If you still do that blog, please post a link in this thread

Thanks!
Rich

Tony Gordon
12-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Hi Rich! Yes, I still set up at shows every single weekend and blog about my experiences. I'd like to make out your way one of these days and set up at your show!! Here's the link: http://www.fatdaddyssports.com/blog

Leon
12-30-2015, 06:22 AM
Hi Rich! Yes, I still set up at shows every single weekend and blog about my experiences. I'd like to make out your way one of these days and set up at your show!! Here's the link: http://www.fatdaddyssports.com/blog

nice blog.....

Donscards
12-30-2015, 07:37 AM
Tony. Great blog. I enjoyed reading your updates on shows. I do shows in New England and the white plains show. The last time I was in Madison, I was 10 years old. Visiting the cousins. Good luck with your shows.

Rich Klein
12-30-2015, 10:58 AM
And we have negotiated rates at the hotel as well. Come on down and we'll even advertise a dealer from your home state as attending.

And even better, we'll go to one of the real (non chain) places to eat

Oh, we even have some 2 to 4 day events so we might even be able to have you really fit into our schedule

Rich

Tony Gordon
12-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Thanks guys! I regularly set up at shows in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Missouri. I need to branch out further. Don, Madison is one of my favorite places in the world. I've always wanted to set up at the White Plains show... one of these days. Rich, I'm definitely up for hitting some local restaurants. Is your show always on a Saturday? I would need either a weekend show or one show on Saturday and another on Sunday to try and offset travel expenses. Flights are pretty cheap right now from Chicago to Dallas.

Rich Klein
12-31-2015, 07:04 AM
With the exception of the show I run for the synagogue, yes my shows are always on a Saturday. The reason is because for September-December otherwise there would be a good chance of hitting the same time as a Cowboys game and that would stop the show early.

We do have three two-day shows set and one of them is a wrap around weekend over Labor Day with a two day show at the synagogue.

I also do ask, because I think it would help them, promoters with Sunday one-day shows to run the day after me. It has worked in the past in the are and would work again. I will say February this year is a rare exception where that would not work because then the show would be on Valentine's Day.,

The first conflicts with the Fanatics show in March, the 2nd is Labor Day Weekend and the third is in October

Rich

whitehse
12-31-2015, 07:09 AM
Sounds like an awesome show just like back in the old days! LOL

I am not able to attend this coming Sunday but it is on my list to visit for the next show! Looking forward to it.