PDA

View Full Version : OT- That kick was good.....

xplainer
12-26-2015, 05:45 PM
just watching he Duke vs. Illie game. I thought that kick was good. The angle under the goalpost looks good. I'm not a Duke or Illie fan, but I thought it was a bad call.

Did you see it and what do you think?

esehombre
12-26-2015, 05:59 PM
I dont know what the rules are with respect to the ball going over the goal post--I thought it was directly over the post (would have hit it if it was extended out) slightly leaning to the inside. Very interesting as the refs were quite clear about the call

nolemmings
12-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Live it looked no good to me, but could have been called either way. Looked like it would have hit the upright flush if it were lower, and I don't know if the refs are supposed to calculate a ricochet either in or out when it goes over the upright or just consider it no good. Should not have been that close. And I don't know who Illie is, but I was cheering for Indiana.

just watching he Duke vs. Illie game. I thought that kick was good. The angle under the goalpost looks good. I'm not a Duke or Illie fan, but I thought it was a bad call.

Did you see it and what do you think?

oldjudge
12-26-2015, 06:06 PM
It looked good till the end and then faded left. I agree that it would have clipped the upright. I too was rooting for IU, but I agreed with the ref's call.

icollectDCsports
12-26-2015, 06:06 PM
Pretty sure the rule is that the kick must be between the uprights. Over an upright, but not inside it, is no good.

nolemmings
12-26-2015, 06:21 PM
That would make sense. I was being a little tongue in cheek about the ricochet, but wondered if the refs could give it to him if they though that the ball was "mostly" inside the upright.

z28jd
12-26-2015, 06:47 PM
I don't watch football at all, but I was in the room during the game. I did see the kick and the replay and it reminded me of the scene from Major League where the guy said it was too high. How ridiculous of a rule is it to say you can't look at the replay because he kicked it too high? Would they do that in baseball for a home run over the foul pole? I bet if they weren't just playing in the Everybody Gets to Participate Bowl and it was their championship game or one of the 20 other important bowl games, that rule would change.

Between that and the Washington State quarterback getting thrown around after it looked like he got his third(documented) concussion yet no one looked at him, I couldn't watch that sport if you paid me. I wouldn't have seen any of it if the food wasn't in the same room as the tv.

To answer the original question though, the kick looked good and the kicker seemed pretty sure it was good too

nebboy
12-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Not what I wanted to happen I had WS in my pool, but I think the call was right it did fade at the end. Also did you see the WS linemen reaction to the kick they all hand their hands on helmets because of the close miss.

mattsey9
12-26-2015, 08:11 PM
My Hoosiers wuz robbed! :eek:

Should've put them away in regulation.

OldEnglishD
12-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Why aren't the goal posts taller? Seems like a simple fix. I don't like games being decided by a Official's judgement.

drcy
12-27-2015, 09:52 AM
I like games decided by an officer's judgment.