PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT: New ads on ebay item pages with audio?

yanksfan09
12-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Anyone else now getting very annoying ads on the bottom of every ebay item page they look at? I think I just started getting them this week. Is everyone else getting them?

Extremely annoying if the volume on your computer isn't all the way down. Sometime I like to listen to youtube videos or music while ebay shopping, now I can no longer do that with these annoying noisy ads on every page! Very frustrating.

They're no separate pop up pages they are on the item pages, with no way to remove them or opt out that I can see.

frankbmd
12-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Anyone else now getting very annoying ads on the bottom of every ebay item page they look at? I think I just started getting them this week. Is everyone else getting them?

Extremely annoying if the volume on your computer isn't all the way down. Sometime I like to listen to youtube videos or music while ebay shopping, now I can no longer do that with these annoying noisy ads on every page! Very frustrating.

They're no separate pop up pages they are on the item pages, with no way to remove them or opt out that I can see.

I'm getting annoying ads on YouTube as well.:eek:

Peter_Spaeth
12-24-2015, 12:27 PM
I'm getting annoying ads on YouTube as well.:eek:

I shudder to think what videos you are watching there. :D

Brian Van Horn
12-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Quite annoying.

:mad:

D. Bergin
12-24-2015, 12:34 PM
It's disgusting what Ebay is doing lately. Cluttering up item pages that you paid good money for and worked hard on with Ads, Competitors Links, Ads for other Ebay items that are not yours, streaming google ads. Blocking sniper services either intentionally or unintentionally because of all the extraneous bloat they have to fight through.

I don't think I've had a snipe bid on one of my items in a month. Used to be at least 50% of bids came in the last 15 seconds. For some reason those have disappeared for me.

I got blocked from an Ebay message board for discussing the details of a deadbeat bidder, without even mentioning their ID, name or any other information about them.

Sorry for the vent and hijacking your thread, just frustrated by them lately. :mad:

To answer your question, if you have FireFox and Ad Blocker Plus, you should be able to at least block out the video ads. Any of that other stuff, I don't think is blockable.

I disabled Google Ads I had on my own websites recently when I noticed they were constantly playing videos and slowing everything down. It's not worth the few extra bucks and the information they provide to me anymore if you're going to be slowing my entire operation down on me at the same time.

Leon
12-30-2015, 05:51 PM
It's disgusting what Ebay is doing lately. Cluttering up item pages that you paid good money for and worked hard on with Ads, Competitors Links, Ads for other Ebay items that are not yours, streaming google ads. Blocking sniper services either intentionally or unintentionally because of all the extraneous bloat they have to fight through.

I don't think I've had a snipe bid on one of my items in a month. Used to be at least 50% of bids came in the last 15 seconds. For some reason those have disappeared for me.

I got blocked from an Ebay message board for discussing the details of a deadbeat bidder, without even mentioning their ID, name or any other information about them.

Sorry for the vent and hijacking your thread, just frustrated by them lately. :mad:

To answer your question, if you have FireFox and Ad Blocker Plus, you should be able to at least block out the video ads. Any of that other stuff, I don't think is blockable.

I disabled Google Ads I had on my own websites recently when I noticed they were constantly playing videos and slowing everything down. It's not worth the few extra bucks and the information they provide to me anymore if you're going to be slowing my entire operation down on me at the same time.

I can't count the number of times I have been approached with opportunities to place crazy ads on our board. Some think they are crazy already, but they could get much crazier (and won't while I am here). I can't stand ads in the middle of pages, jumping around and doing crazy things every where....It makes no sense to me.

Sean
12-30-2015, 06:00 PM
I can't count the number of times I have been approached with opportunities to place crazy ads on our board. Some think they are crazy already, but they could get much crazier (and won't while I am here). I can't stand ads in the middle of pages, jumping around and doing crazy things every where....It makes no sense to me.
They're very intrusive, and I hate them as well.