PDA

View Full Version : E90-1 double name

abroome
12-22-2015, 02:10 PM
Since there are a couple of double name T206 threads going, I thought I would share this.
I have a few T206 doubles but this is my first E90-1 double name.
Problem is, there is just enough to see that there is a caption there. The length of the caption is shorter than the caption for Stone at the bottom which would most likely mean it is a different name. I haven't been able to ID it.
I know they have to be out there but this is the first I have had. Anyone else have double E's to show?
(Really, really bad pun)

Andyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20151222/6088c63984d1f5615959dd229607c7f8.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20151222/cd867b7e4ffbb55e15266493dc806531.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

RaidonCollects
12-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Really nice card!

Looking at the top, after the comma on these E90-1's, it lists the position. Considering all I see, it's likely that it's the bottom part of a '1 or 2.' So the player's position is probably first base or second.

Here's a list of some of the first and second basemen in the set:

Unglaub
Tenney
Stoval
Stahl
Jordan
Isbel
Davis
Chase
Chance
Bransfield x2

Collins
Lajoie
Miller
Schaefer
Shean

Then again, it could be something else,

good luck and merry Christmas

Owen

abroome
12-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Really nice card!

Looking at the top, after the comma on these E90-1's, it lists the position. Considering all I see, it's likely that it's the bottom part of a '1 or 2.' So the player's position is probably first base or second.

Here's a list of some of the first and second basemen in the set:

Unglaub
Tenney
Stoval
Stahl
Jordan
Isbel
Davis
Chase
Chance
Bransfield x2

Collins
Lajoie
Miller
Schaefer
Shean

Then again, it could be something else,

good luck and merry Christmas

Owen
Thanks!
I just have to sit and compare to other E90-1s and figure it out. I love the research!
And Merry Christmas to you, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

brianp-beme
12-23-2015, 12:42 AM
No real help on identification, as sometimes my poor eyes and brain need clues not so subtle. Thought I would post a couple of E90-1 sheet-mates that I have posted in the past...something cool and somewhat related.

Brian

irishdenny
12-25-2015, 03:53 AM
Hey there Andy!,

That's DeFiNiTeLy a Sweet MiSTaR SToNe...
I'm Gonna Go Thru mine Later Ta Check oN
The ToP NaMe! Someone MiGHT JuST BeaT Me To'em!

iN the Mean TiMe...
What THiNK of Mr. Plank's NeW Name!?

mybuddyinc
12-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Great Puzzle !!!!!

I feel Owen is right about position, 1st or 2nd base, based on post comma mark.

Looking at "full" name, there isn't any "hanging" (I'm sure there's a better word for that) letter, like g, p, or y.

Also, the last two letters in name are "rounded bottom" (sans serif). As in c, e, o, and s.

I was thinking :rolleyes: Chance or Chase. But based on length of name I'll take my chances on Chance ;)

Jantz
12-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Hi Andy

I'm almost certain the name on the top of your E90-1 Stone is Demmitt.

The "Ms" are connected and give an appearance of almost a solid line.

The second "T" is slightly lower as well.

The other characters and letters match up as well.

Jantz

Luke
12-25-2015, 11:10 PM
I don't think it can be Demmitt. Demmitt's caption takes up the entire space below the card, and the one on the top of Stone doesn't extend that far. The "i" in Demmitt and the place where "r.f." should be don't really look right either. That said, I don't have any better ideas. I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow.

Is there a site that has scans of the entire e90-1 set? When I'm researching a T206 double namer, the visual checklist on t206resource.com is invaluable.

Jantz
12-26-2015, 12:40 AM
Is there a site that has scans of the entire e90-1 set?

oldcardboard.com