PDA

View Full Version : Delete or hide sellers on eBay?

Joshchisox08
12-17-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm sure it's been discussed before but is there a way to delete seller from eBay???

mikedenero
787 sports
any reprint dudes

I'd love to not have to filter through their items. Any help is appreciated.

tschock
12-17-2015, 02:06 PM
From memory.... If you use the Advanced search, you can include or exclude sellers. I think it is either a comma or semi-colon that delineates and allows you to put in multiple seller IDs.

Mighty Casey
12-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Josh....

I would love to read (via private message) a few from your (or any others) list. I have a small list as well...it would be nice to see some validation for my thoughts.

Mark Fober

Joshchisox08
12-17-2015, 02:30 PM
Josh....

I would love to read (via private message) a few from your (or any others) list. I have a small list as well...it would be nice to see some validation for my thoughts.

Mark Fober

Off the top of my head these are the 2 that I can think of that are most annoying.

OOOOOoooops Deans Cards how could I forget !!!!!

Joshchisox08
12-17-2015, 02:30 PM
From memory.... If you use the Advanced search, you can include or exclude sellers. I think it is either a comma or semi-colon that delineates and allows you to put in multiple seller IDs.

Thanks I'll try that!

tab
12-17-2015, 03:44 PM
I get really tired of seeing mikedenero in the title when I search for cards on ebay as well!

effe
12-17-2015, 07:03 PM
mikedinero is the most annoying of the bunch, at least to me. He has fixed price listings on 3 day duration so they're always front and center on my searches.
Jo*hn Eff*enh*eim

JollyElm
12-17-2015, 07:13 PM
All I want for Christmas is to have Deans F_cking Cards eliminated from any and all of my ebay searches now and in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so tired of adding -(dean) to every single new search I do. ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Stonepony
12-17-2015, 07:45 PM
mikedinero is the most annoying of the bunch, at least to me. He has fixed price listings on 3 day duration so they're always front and center on my searches.

+1

vintagebaseballcardguy
12-17-2015, 07:52 PM
All I want for Christmas is to have Deans F_cking Cards eliminated from any and all of my ebay searches now and in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so tired of adding -(dean) to every single new search I do. ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

+1

mechanicalman
12-17-2015, 08:47 PM
I not only find mikedenero's listings annoying, I don't care for the fact that I've seen them buy cards on eBay and then "flip" them with what appears to be enhanced images that would drive a higher price point (as in the example attached.) For that reason, I won't buy from him on principle. If this is controversial, my name is Sam Swartz.

bobbyw8469
12-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Buying from a seller accused of "juicing" scans, and juicing them yourself. Is that double juiced? I knew he was a notorious Ebay "buyer" and "flipper" (Hell, even I sold him some steals through the years), but I didn't know he partaked in "juicing".

Mighty Casey
12-17-2015, 09:08 PM
Great knowledge being shared. So much of what I've read confirms my suspicions. I agree with all the points that have been made.

It is a miracle that I can acquire any cards for my collection. Blacklisted vendors, wife questioning another package in the mailbox, etc..

ecRich
12-17-2015, 09:14 PM
Battersbox

tschock
12-18-2015, 05:25 AM
Hmmmm.... It seems to be a bit flaky but I was able to do the following:

1 ) In the email notification I get, click on the "View all results" to load the list of searched items.
2 ) Click on "refine your search" link near the top of the ebay page.
3 ) Click on "Seller", then check "Only show items from", "Specific sellers", select Exclude, add in mikedenero.
4 ) Click Apply.
Then I think the following is the key in order for it to "stick".
5 ) Click on "Follow this search" link near the top as it will create a new search.
6 ) Go back to your email notification and click on "Refine this search". You will see the new search (it may appear as duplicate search of the previous one, so may have to figure out which is which).
7 ) Then run one of the searches and check if your change is there (you'll have to "Refine your search" again once inside).
8 ) If the change is not there, back button out to you get back to your search list and Unfollow the search (under "more options" for that search).
9 ) If the change is there, back button out and unfollow the other search.

There may be an easier way, but it didn't seem that just modifying the existing one actually stuck. But with the above method, I am no longer seeing items from mikedenero.

Of course, knowing ebay, this will probably only work for the next 12 hours. Then they will make a change and "all bets are off". ;)

Leon
12-18-2015, 06:48 AM
I not only find mikedenero's listings annoying, I don't care for the fact that I've seen them buy cards on eBay and then "flip" them with what appears to be enhanced images that would drive a higher price point (as in the example attached.) For that reason, I won't buy from him on principle. If this is controversial, my name is Sam Swartz.
That sucks..

ksabet
12-18-2015, 08:34 AM

might be annoying but great business model...Though I draw the line on the enhancements.

Cozumeleno
12-18-2015, 09:13 AM
The mikedenero thing is a quick fix because he puts his name in the titles, which is very helpful. If you add -mikedenero to your search (as I do), it will automatically remove those.

In addition, as someone pointed out, you can also use the Advanced Search settings to remove specific sellers (i.e. Dean's Cards ... and again, as I do) :)

CW
12-18-2015, 09:32 AM

Good thing you're not collecting the Fred Dean basic set (http://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/composite.aspx?c=8712) on the PSA registry. ;)

iowadoc77
12-18-2015, 09:41 AM
mikedenero is the worst. So sick of his overpriced listings! Apparently he sells some things or wouldn't be around anymore, but crap, let me search for CJs or T3s and not see the same flippin cards over and over and over!

Leon
12-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Per the rule written in bold at the top of every page, If anyone in this thread gives an opinion then their full name has to be in their post or easily ascertained from their signature etc.. Members can/should mask their names to prevent search issues.. If that won't work then they can edit their comments out, no harm no foul....thanks

JollyElm
12-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Good thing you're not collecting the Fred Dean basic set (http://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/composite.aspx?c=8712) on the PSA registry. ;)

Haha!! You should've seen when I was searching ebay for some Dean Chance cards and nothing came up!!!!!!

JollyElm
12-18-2015, 04:21 PM

Ha ha!!! You should have been around the time I was searching ebay for Dean Chance cards and no listings came up!!!