PDA

View Full Version : another great find ! 1939 Centennial of Baseball in Australia

da-bullman
12-17-2015, 09:50 AM
Picked up this letter to Alexander Cleland from the Fairfield Baseball Club this letter ties together my collection of the Centennial Celebration's in Australia. Love it when things come together!! Some years ago I found from the Cleland Estate this Ephemera regarding the Australian Celebration of the Centennial of Baseball in 1939 this Letter brings it all together visit my Web Site www.1939baseball.com enjoy Steve

seattlerainiers
12-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Appreciate your passion for your collecting niche, and your collection and website are fantastic. As you say, that letter is a great tie-in to those other items. Really cool!

The 1939 "A Century of Baseball" calendar produced by the PCL champion Seattle Rainiers is a favorite of mine. Also pictured is the mailing tube, featuring the Centennial logo on the label.

da-bullman
12-20-2015, 07:44 AM
Great stuff never saw this poster really rare !! The PCL went all out to Celebrate the 1939 Centennial I have several programs and tickets but your poster is the tops. I collect stories of the Centennial as well can you share how you came to have it love to know. Thanks for visiting the web site work in process more photos to take and stories to write but it represents 40 plus years of collecting. I love the fact there isn't any check list keeps me looking. All the best and Happy Holidays, Steve

seattlerainiers
12-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Thanks, Steve.
Here's a 1939 Seattle Rainiers team-signed letterhead with the Centennial logo. Also, an envelope from the Louisville Colonels with a fun text alteration in the logo:

da-bullman
12-21-2015, 03:19 PM
I have only been on the west coast a few times but always found some great items for the collection. Do you have any idea who printed the Poster/Calendar will start searching advertising collectors maybe find one . This printer had great graphics. I just found Railroad poster with the centennial logo with the Cleveland Indians schedule and train time table real nice add to the collection. All the best and have a great Holiday, Steve