PDA

View Full Version : eBay entertainment

BeanTown
12-16-2015, 01:05 PM
I read a long description on a cool item that was made from an original. The seller had such a creative description (Future AH writer) that I wanted to ask him a direct question to see if I could get a direct answer to what I already know.

My question was this..... is your item an original 1924 card or is it made later?

Response:

GOOD MORNING,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.THIS MAGNIFICENT AND POWERFUL DISPLAY PIECE WAS PRODUCED FROM THE ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPH AFTER 1924. IT'S HOUSED IN A 1930'S FRAME. I WENT TO HENRY YEE TO HAVE HIM LOOK AT IT. WE BOTH AGREED NOTTO REMOVE IT FROM IT'S FRAME. HE EXAMINED IT WITH HIS TOOLS AND HE SAID THAT IT WAS PRODUCED SOMETIME AFTER 1924. IT'S A ONE OF A KIND FROM THE ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPH. AGAIN, IT'S POST 1924. HOW MANY YEARS AFTER 1924, NO ONE KNOWN. IT COULD HAVE BEEN PRODUCED FOR DISPLAY IN A MUSEUM. WE REALLY DON'T KNOW. HENRY YEE SAID TO ME TO LEAVE IT IN ITS ORIGINAL FRAME AND TAKING IT OUT WOULD LOOSE IT'S VALUE. IT'S NOTA MASS PRODUCED ITEM. IT'S NOT A CATALOGED ITEM WHERE IT'S BEEN VALUED. NO NEED TO REMOVE IT. THE DISPLAY SPEEKS FOR IT'S SELF. THE ORIGINAL IF IT COMES TO MARKET AGAIN WOULD SET ONE BACK OVER $20,000. THIS IS THE NEXT BEST THING. HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION. REGARDS,

mybuddyinc
12-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Now, just to make sure, it is post 1924, and Henry Yee says do not remove it from frame, correct ?? :p

"NO ONE KNOWN"

"Who own Chiefs ?"
"Owns Chiefs !!"

iwantitiwinit
12-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Whoa whoa whoa take it easy with the caps.

TanksAndSpartans
12-16-2015, 02:41 PM
This thread SPEEKS for itself.

icollectDCsports
12-16-2015, 06:16 PM
Now, just to make sure, it is post 1924, and Henry Yee says do not remove it from frame, correct ?? :p

"NO ONE KNOWN"

"Who own Chiefs ?"
"Owns Chiefs !!"

Hahahaha! Classic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Xp9hvTvPk

philliesfan
12-16-2015, 08:01 PM
Remember, if he takes it out of the frame, it will loose its value......

thecatspajamas
12-16-2015, 08:37 PM
I'm sure Henry loves being misrepresented like that. Unless he told him removing it from the frame would "loose" its value because it has none other than the frame.