PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding your wishlist items? Check out the Collectable app!

dstudeba
12-15-2015, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm the co-founder of Collectable (collectable.com (http://www.collectable.com)). We’ve built a free app now available for iPhone and iPad that helps sports collectors view, search, and track all auctions in one place.

Did you know that there are about 80 auction houses that sell sports memorabilia regularly? We were frustrated collectors (with backgrounds in tech) who missed too many items for sale because we couldn’t keep up with all of the auctions taking place. We decided to do something about it and created a tool to make it easy for people like us to navigate all of this auction activity in one place.

Our app not only lets you view and search across all auction items, but also gives you the ability to track whatever items you want, view descriptions, pictures, and up-to-the-minute bidding information.

We think the coolest feature is the wishlist: submit the items you are looking for, and the app will tell you if these items are currently available. It will also notify you automatically if your wishlist item becomes available down the road. So the app does all the heavy lifting to find the stuff you want!

Currently we are working with the following 22 auction houses, and are planning to add many more in the near future:
Beckett Auctions
Brockelman & Luckey Auctions
BST Auctions
Classic Auctions
Collect Auctions
​Fusco Auctions
Gem Mint Auctions
Goodwin & Co
Heritage Auctions
Huggins & Scott
JVSC Auctions
​Lelands Auction
Love of the Game Auctions
Memory Lane
Mile High Card Co.
Pristine Auction
Robert Edward Auctions
​RR Auction
SCP Auctions
Steiner Auctions
Sterling Auctions
Wheatland Auctions

The Collectable app is completely free in the Apple App Store. (We’re planning to bring our software to the web and Android as well. If you’d like to be added to our mailing list so we can let you know about all of these developments, feel free to PM me with your email address, or signup at collectable.com.)

Here is the link to download the app: https://bnc.lt/download-collectable1

Also, for anyone who has already downloaded and tried out Collectable, I’d love to know about your experience with the app (good or bad, I don’t mind, so please post away).

P.S. For the sake of full disclosure, we’ve sponsored this thread.

gemmint77
12-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm the co-founder of Collectable (collectable.com (http://www.collectable.com)). We’ve built a free app now available for iPhone and iPad that helps sports collectors view, search, and track all auctions in one place.

Did you know that there are about 80 auction houses that sell sports memorabilia regularly? We were frustrated collectors (with backgrounds in tech) who missed too many items for sale because we couldn’t keep up with all of the auctions taking place. We decided to do something about it and created a tool to make it easy for people like us to navigate all of this auction activity in one place.

Our app not only lets you view and search across all auction items, but also gives you the ability to track whatever items you want, view descriptions, pictures, and up-to-the-minute bidding information.

We think the coolest feature is the wishlist: submit the items you are looking for, and the app will tell you if these items are currently available. It will also notify you automatically if your wishlist item becomes available down the road. So the app does all the heavy lifting to find the stuff you want!

Currently we are working with the following 22 auction houses, and are planning to add many more in the near future:
Beckett Auctions
Brockelman & Luckey Auctions
BST Auctions
Classic Auctions
Collect Auctions
​Fusco Auctions
Gem Mint Auctions
Goodwin & Co
Heritage Auctions
Huggins & Scott
JVSC Auctions
​Lelands Auction
Love of the Game Auctions
Memory Lane
Mile High Card Co.
Pristine Auction
Robert Edward Auctions
​RR Auction
SCP Auctions
Steiner Auctions
Sterling Auctions
Wheatland Auctions

The Collectable app is completely free in the Apple App Store. (We’re planning to bring our software to the web and Android as well. If you’d like to be added to our mailing list so we can let you know about all of these developments, feel free to PM me with your email address, or signup at collectable.com.)

Here is the link to download the app: https://bnc.lt/download-collectable1

Also, for anyone who has already downloaded and tried out Collectable, I’d love to know about your experience with the app (good or bad, I don’t mind, so please post away).

P.S. For the sake of full disclosure, we’ve sponsored this thread.

Sounds like a cool APP. I will download this one today. Thanks for the info!

Section103
12-15-2015, 09:20 AM
Good luck! Cant wait til you get to Android.

Cozumeleno
12-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Just downloaded and after playing around in it for about five minutes, have to say that this looks extremely helpful. I currently have all of the auction houses close dates on my phone calendar but don't know if I'll need that anymore to be honest. This seems like it tracks everything I need and the Wishlist function is exactly what I'm looking for.

Haven't used it yet, but my initial thoughts are overwhelmingly positive. This looks like a great tool.

edjs
12-15-2015, 12:25 PM
I've had this for a while now, it is a great app. Thanks for doing this, Dan! Kudos!

baseball tourist
12-15-2015, 07:26 PM
Great looking App Dan. I see a glitch though. I noticed that the app picks up the items from the recently closed, November, Classic Auctions (based in Quebec, Canada) but it shows unsold items as selling for the minimum bid as well as sold items that exceeded the min bids, selling for the min.

Chris

kmac32
12-15-2015, 11:11 PM
Installed app on IPad but search does not work for some reason.

dstudeba
12-15-2015, 11:17 PM
Thanks for all of the kind words, they are appreciated as is all feedback.

Chris, thank you so much for letting us know about that problem! It seems that Classic changes their bid amount to the minimum bid after the auction ends and then it puts the final bid in another place which threw us off. The problem has been fixed and all of the items in Classic Auctions should now be correct. (Please note it will not match the value on Classic Auctions' website because Collectable adds in the buyer premium where Classic Auctions does not.

Please let us know if you see that or any other problem in the future.

mechanicalman
12-16-2015, 03:33 AM
I've been using the app for a few months now, and it's great. It solves a very real problem, and I imagine it's s benefit to all parties: buyers, sellers, AHs. I hope some of the other AHs jump on board as well.

baseball tourist
12-16-2015, 06:08 AM
Thanks for all of the kind words, they are appreciated as is all feedback.

Chris, thank you so much for letting us know about that problem! It seems that Classic changes their bid amount to the minimum bid after the auction ends and then it puts the final bid in another place which threw us off. The problem has been fixed and all of the items in Classic Auctions should now be correct. (Please note it will not match the value on Classic Auctions' website because Collectable adds in the buyer premium where Classic Auctions does not.

Please let us know if you see that or any other problem in the future.

Fixed! Great.

jefferyepayne
12-16-2015, 11:25 AM
Been using this app for about 6 months. It is awesome. Thanks Dan and Dave for building this! Very much needed in the market.

jeff

Shoebox
12-17-2015, 01:44 PM
Good luck! Cant wait til you get to Android.

+1 Is an android version something we can expect in the near future?

dstudeba
12-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Thanks for all the kind words it is much appreciated!

As for the Android version it is planned but "near future" is all on your definition of near as we aren't close enough to have a release date. Personally as an Android user I have great interest in an Android solution.

dstudeba
07-22-2016, 12:04 PM
In response to the Android users we have launched the Collectable App for Android just in time for the National. Now Android and iOS users can download the App at the link below.

https://bnc.lt/collectable-android

As always we welcome any and all feedback, thanks!

Danny Smith
07-22-2016, 12:22 PM
This is awesome. Nice work.

Bliggity
07-22-2016, 12:28 PM
Installed, looking forward to using it.

Section103
07-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Just installed on my Droid. Looks awesome!