PDA

View Full Version : why is morgan bulkeley in hof

esd10
12-08-2015, 04:55 PM
I have been thinking about this for a while and he was really only involved in baseball for a couple seasons. I have not seen anything he has done that has warranted his induction with his resume including a year as president of NL, founder Hartford dark blues and on the board to find out the origins of baseball. let me know if you agree or disagree

trdcrdkid
12-08-2015, 05:53 PM
He was the first president of the National League. That's the only reason he's in, though he was really only a figurehead for William Hulbert, the actual power behind the league, and he supposedly only became president at all becuase he drew the short straw at the founding meeting.

vthobby
12-08-2015, 06:12 PM
It was more of a political induction than anything else.

One cool tidbit however.......he is the only Hall of Famer to have served in the Civil War!

Peace, Mike

Leon
12-10-2015, 07:28 AM
It was more of a political induction than anything else.

One cool tidbit however.......he is the only Hall of Famer to have served in the Civil War!

Peace, Mike

Our only member to serve in the civil war is Ted Z...but it was at the tail end of it.

edjs
12-10-2015, 07:58 AM
Our only member to serve in the civil war is Ted Z...but it was at the tail end of it.

What about Frank, was he too old for service?

sayhey24
12-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Thank you for helping to preserve The Union Ted!

Greg

h2oya311
12-10-2015, 09:34 AM
what about frank, was he too old for service?

lol!

bcbgcbrcb
12-10-2015, 02:25 PM
"why is morgan bulkeley in hof"

To make it difficult for the Hall of Fame rookie card collectors..........

SmokyBurgess
12-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Is there a procedure in place at the HOF to remove certain inductees who, like Bulkeley, should not be in?

Why not clean house of a bunch of these very good, but not great, players, executives, and cronies of the electing committee?