PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth "Called Shot" Scored Program on eBay - 1932 World Series

Billyscards
12-08-2015, 08:51 AM
If anyone is interested, there is a 1932 World Series Program that is scored in Pencil from Game 3 where Babe had "Called his shot". The program is crease free and has some writing on the inside but I haven't seen or found many of these that are this neatly scored.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121832415243?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

MooseDog
12-08-2015, 09:04 AM
It's quite possible that the program was scored "after the fact".

I have a similar item, Catfish Hunter's perfect game scorecard that I bought with the same idea that it was scored at the game, but over time I am more of the belief that it was done later. It's just too neat to have been done on someone's lap. Still a nice item if the program is genuine (mine is).

Billyscards
12-08-2015, 09:07 AM

I have a similar item, Catfish Hunter's perfect game scorecard that I bought with the same idea that it was scored at the game, but over time I am more of the belief that it was done later. It's just too neat to have been done on someone's lap. Still a nice item if the program is genuine (mine is).
yes that is hard to prove. Howver, it was obtained with a Game 3 Ticket stub - with Pin to hold to the program which leads me to believe it was actually scored, doubtful that anyone would do that knowing the value of the ticket itself (and then jab a hole through it)

Billyscards
12-08-2015, 09:09 AM
yes that is hard to prove. Howver, it was obtained with a Game 3 Ticket stub - with Pin to hold to the program which leads me to believe it was actually scored, doubtful that anyone would do that knowing the value of the ticket itself (and then jab a hole through it)

Attached is a picture as well.

sporteq
12-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Great heads up!! Glad to see people looking out for others.

jerseygary
12-08-2015, 12:14 PM
For what it's worth, when I score a game at the ball park my scorecard is very neat and readable, but my friend who also scores the game sometimes - well you need a translator to decipher what he writes!

Scott Garner
12-08-2015, 02:00 PM

I would agree with this being scored at a later date. I thought the same thing when I looked at it, FWIW.