PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Throphy Picks?

clydepepper
12-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Today, the finalists for this year's award were announced. It always sends me down memory (research) lane.

I was checking individual years voting and came across a name whose statistics did not warrant such 'praise'.

- goes to show you that not every outstanding player can be defined by his statistics alone. THIS guy was pretty amazing!

Though it has only been a few years, you should check out his story on Wikipedia -

Owen Marecic

TUM301
12-08-2015, 05:29 AM
If I had a vote it would go to the QB from Navy .

JustinD
12-08-2015, 06:38 AM
I only real interest I have in the Heisman each year is so I know to hope who my team will not draft.

The bust rate on those guys since 89' is amazing.

sbfinley
12-08-2015, 04:10 PM
If I had a vote it would go to the QB from Navy .

Granted he never would have won, but it is a shame he wasn't invited to the ceremony. He was actually leading the ESPN fan vote into mid last week when the company removed him from the voting.

TUM301
12-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Granted he never would have won, but it is a shame he wasn't invited to the ceremony. He was actually leading the ESPN fan vote into mid last week when the company removed him from the voting.

Well there you go Steve, but what else would we expect from ESPN. Too bad, from the sounds of it he is exactly what the award is supposed to be all about.