PDA

View Full Version : What happened to this interesting T220 card?

G1911
12-07-2015, 05:16 PM
This is my first post here, so please forgive me if I did something wrong!

I was digging through my box of boxing T cards yesterday and found a Kid Lavigne card I had forgotten about for awhile. I bought it off eBay about 8-10 years ago for a few dollars.

http://imgur.com/a/0Nobd

Does anyone know what may have happened to the card? The missing color does not doesn't appear to be the sole result of fading, as fading should have affected the entire left side of the card. Cards that left the factory with missing or dulled colors are not rare, but I have never seen one that only affects half the card like this. I doubt it left the printer like this. The light brown dirt, brown fence, and dark brown post are all only marginally dulled. Lavigne's shadow appears just as dark as it does on his other cards. Is there some kind of chemical or exposure that would result in only some colors and sections of the left side being affected?

I've never been able to solve this mystery and hope someone else may have an idea.

Exhibitman
12-07-2015, 06:08 PM
I've seen a few T cards like that. Usually it happens when the ink runs out during the print run and happens to affect that card. Alternatively, someone was trying their card doctoring skills on removing just those areas.

RCMcKenzie
12-07-2015, 10:30 PM
neat card....cool printing error I guess...