PDA

View Full Version : Longtime members being banned?

asoriano
12-04-2015, 11:36 AM
I went to contact Aa.ron Pa.tton (CobbvLajoie1910) and noticed that he is now banned. A longtime member makes one questionable post and they get the boot?

I've been a member since I was 12 years old. Very sad to see how things have progressed over the years.

Tu.rner Engle

Edited to add my name

KCRfan1
12-04-2015, 11:52 AM
From some of the posts I have seen, Leon has been pretty lenient at times. Depending on the nature of the post, and any private messages or emails, perhaps phone conversations, something had to have been said that got someone removed. I suspect there's a lot behind the scenes that we just don't know about, and may not need to know. Some things are better kept between the parties involved than involving everyone who doesn't know the whole story.

brian1961
12-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Well said, Lou.

Matt E.
12-04-2015, 12:53 PM
What a politically correct BS response.

For those who don't know this place JUMPED THE SHARK YEARS AGO.

I'm a long-time member and waiting to be banned!

And yes you did get in my face at National.

Matt E.

rocarroll
12-04-2015, 01:02 PM
What a politically correct BS response.

And yes you did get in my face at National.

Matt E.

So maybe I'm getting too old. Can someone please let me know what "jumped the shark" means?

vthobby
12-04-2015, 01:12 PM
Jumping the shark is an idiom popularized by Jon Hein that was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality, signaled by a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of gimmick in an attempt to keep viewers' interest........etc etc.......

Peace, Mike

Leon
12-04-2015, 01:12 PM
So maybe I'm getting too old. Can someone please let me know what "jumped the shark" means?

It means going downhill! I think we have been going downhill for years. It's much easier than going uphill.

D. Bergin
12-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Jumping the shark is an idiom popularized by Jon Hein that was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality, signaled by a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of gimmick in an attempt to keep viewers' interest........etc etc.......

Peace, Mike

I believe Fonzie on "Happy Days" actually jumping a shark on waterskis has some part in the figure of speech.

D. Bergin
12-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Someday perhaps I'd like to jump a Moose or a Caribou, though I might settle for something smaller, like an Armadillo.

Leon
12-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Someday perhaps I'd like to jump a Moose or a Caribou, though I might settle for something smaller, like an Armadillo.

We have lots of armadillos where I live. They aren't very smart and I think you could easily jump one. But "jumping the armadillo" doesn't quite have the ring to it. Here is a jumping armadillo.....

Fred
12-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Is there an actual list of banned posters? I remember being banned (albeit for only a day or so)... it's funny to laugh at now, aint it Leon... :p

trdcrdkid
12-04-2015, 01:31 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

D. Bergin
12-04-2015, 01:33 PM
We have lots of armadillos where I live. They aren't very smart and I think you could easily jump one. But "jumping the armadillo" doesn't quite have the ring to it. Here is a jumping armadillo.....

It might warrant a trip to Texas, to cross that off my bucket list. :D

chipperhank44
12-04-2015, 01:40 PM

I hate the food at McDonalds. I'm going to keep going there, eating their food, and complaining until they kick me out.

Solid logic.

slidekellyslide
12-04-2015, 01:47 PM
I don't know any forum anywhere on the internet where you can just keep bashing on the owner/moderator and not get banned. Why should Net54 be any different?

vintagetoppsguy
12-04-2015, 01:49 PM
I don't know any forum anywhere on the internet where you can just keep bashing on the owner/moderator and not get banned. Why should Net54 be any different?

Ok, that's enough with the logic :D

Great point!

tschock
12-04-2015, 01:49 PM
I hate the food at McDonalds. I'm going to keep going there, eating their food, and complaining until they kick me out.

Solid logic.

Mamma always told me to never let solid logic get in the way of righteous indignation. :D

vintagebaseballcardguy
12-04-2015, 01:50 PM
How am I supposed to work when I know this thread is poppin??

ZachS
12-04-2015, 01:57 PM
=

How long do you have to be here to get banned? Do I get credit for time from the old N54 board?

HOF Auto Rookies
12-04-2015, 01:58 PM
How am I supposed to work when I know this thread is poppin??

It's not quite juicy of a thread yet, so you're good for a while [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikehealer
12-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Very sad to see how things have progressed over the years.

Tu.rner Engle

Edited to add my name

I agree.

seablaster
12-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Don't quote me on it, but I believe "nuked the fridge" has entered the lexicon as a potential replacement for the previous term. "Nuked the fridge" is familiar to anyone who has had the misfortune of watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

DHogan
12-04-2015, 03:42 PM
We need more of this kind of logic around here.

“Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.”

frankbmd
12-05-2015, 11:05 AM

I was recently in Armadillo, TX. No, wait, that was Amarillo, TX, where it is impossible to go uphill or downhill and the nearest shark is miles away.

I met a blonde in a pickup truck there who told me my rear end was exposed, but that is a completely different, but true, story.

ALR-bishop
12-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Great for chile

Paul S
12-05-2015, 12:02 PM
I met a blonde in a pickup truck there who told me my rear end was exposed, but that is a completely different, but true, story.

You left the trunk-top on your Accord open again? What have I told you about that, Gramps?!

begsu1013
12-08-2015, 10:20 PM
first world problems and who cares anyways?

it's an internet forum full of dudes.

i've yet to be banned from this place, but it's certainly on my bucket list!

besides, well behaved men rarely make the history books....

ksabet
12-09-2015, 07:18 AM
I don't see getting banned as a badge of honor.

I have been here long enough to know that varying opinions is not enough to get you banned. It usually stems from abuse and improper use of the forum.

No matter if you love or hate Leon, agree or disagree with his integrity, as decent people we owe it to ourselves to not stoop to threats and abuse.

Call me over sensitive or a panderer, but I am saddened by the state of the world sometimes and feel as though we don't need to reflect the negativity and discord on a message board.

begsu1013
12-09-2015, 09:39 AM
i have zero issues w/ leon. i take it as a badge of honor from other forums though.

1. for instance when you get the boot for quoting someone that said "don't be a dick", yet you edit it to read: "don't be a d!ck" and you end up getting the boot.

2. for telling someone that they are immoral for giving advice to slide in after an auction is over and try and offer a higher price to the seller. no curse words there either.

basically that other mod has a tampon in, but it's inserted up the wrong hole.

never go looking for trouble, but am not afraid to firmly say what i believe. if the boot gets applied, oh well...

again, it's a forum full of dudes talking about cardboard. it's not the end of the world as some pretend it to be.

i know people have given leon shit in the past, but at least he's got a level head in the gavel department.

Louieman
12-09-2015, 09:51 AM
I second seablaster's 'nuked the fridge'. 'Nuked the fridge' is my generation's 'jumped the shark'. The day I saw that movie, aka the worst day of my life, it felt like I was watching George Lucas himself turn to the camera and flip me off for a good 5 minutes. I think I would have preferred to see that instead of what I actually saw...

drmondobueno
12-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Great for chile

They have Armadillos in Chile? I thought they had condors.

ullmandds
12-09-2015, 10:13 AM
condors in peru...dont know about chile?

ALR-bishop
12-09-2015, 11:04 AM
I did not see a single condor in Peru, but the llama and guinea pigs were tasty. Guinea pigs taste like chicken...or squirrel

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj555/Bishop539/IMG_6057_zpsmgwhcsha.jpg

Mikehealer
12-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Stunning view, Al. What kind of binoculars do you take on a trip to such a place?

bobbyw8469
12-09-2015, 11:27 AM
i know people have given leon shit in the past, but at least he's got a level head in the gavel department.

Exactly....I have seen some of the beauties that are out there. Not a pretty sight. Some need some retraining on their "people" skills.

batsballsbases
12-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Exactly....I have seen some of the beauties that are out there. Not a pretty sight. Some need some retraining on their "people" skills.

Looks to me that there is someone who needs some "people skills" on the Memorabilia side right now... Looks like a banning might be coming soon! Check out Looking for mafia photos...
And by the way Leon Im with you!;);)