PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

larrie804
11-26-2015, 07:56 AM
Leon...move or take this down if you wish. I know we all have much to be thankful for even in this troubled world! For some, including myself, we are thankful for new card "finds" and our Net54 friends! I just received a call from my 38 year old daughter in Florida. She announced that she got engaged (for the first time) in Italy. She is a very focused, hard working young woman who has been focused on being the CEO of a large veterinary clinic. The young man is very kind and supportive....yes, I am very thankful!

Larrie Dean

39special
11-26-2015, 07:59 AM
I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

nebboy
11-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Hope everyone has some good news to share. Bless you and yours

11-26-2015, 09:30 AM
God is good all the time! I'm very thankful for all that He's blessed me and my family with. Happy Thanksgiving!

JRO$!(
11-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Happy Turkey Day To All!

KCRfan1
11-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Howe’s Hunter
11-26-2015, 10:20 AM
a wife that loves me, a child that tolerates me (and is beginning to understand what we were preparing him for in life), a roof over my head, a job, a dog that thinks I'm a better person than I really am, and many friends.

Last evening, we came home from work to find an immediate disconnect notice from the electric company on our door. A quick panicked phone call to the company revealed that indeed, it was not for our house, but for someone in our neighborhood who would find out sometime today that their electricity was turned off at midnight last night. Based on the overdue amount (which would be equal to about five months of service at our house), the company was going to try and find the right person who should have gotten the notice and try and notify them by phone of the dire situation they were in.

So far this morning, in the last three hours, the sirens for the volunteer fire department that serves the neighborhood just north of us, has gone off four times. That might be four families who were trying to stay warm and something has gone wrong (or four people trying to deep-fry a turkey with very bad results). Thankful that we haven't needed them, but thankful that they would give up their holiday to help us if we did.

Sometimes we just don't realize all the things we have to be thankful for, or how lucky we are to find ourselves in the good situations we are in.

Happy Thanksgiving, all. And thank you for being my friends.

Ed

rdwyer
11-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Gobble, Gobble! Don't eat too much.

pawpawdiv9
11-26-2015, 03:26 PM
http://image.cdn.ispot.tv/ad/75Zy/red-bull-the-story-of-thanksgiving-large-4.jpg

Rookiemonster
11-26-2015, 03:54 PM
Happy thanksgiving !!

mybuddyinc
11-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Daffy: ............ and Candied Yams ????
Porky: Ah ha, Candied Yams.
Daffy: The yams did it, the yams did it, the yams did it.

Classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Rb9w2ehrQ

Happy happy gobble gobble :)

kmac32
11-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Happy Thanksgiving I say as I emerge from my food coma

Leon
11-27-2015, 06:26 AM
Leon...move or take this down if you wish. I know we all have much to be thankful for even in this troubled world! For some, including myself, we are thankful for new card "finds" and our Net54 friends! I just received a call from my 38 year old daughter in Florida. She announced that she got engaged (for the first time) in Italy. She is a very focused, hard working young woman who has been focused on being the CEO of a large veterinary clinic. The young man is very kind and supportive....yes, I am very thankful!

Larrie Dean

Belated Happy Turkey day Larrie. Congrats on your daughter's engagement too.

RaidonCollects
11-27-2015, 06:57 AM
Happy thanksgiving everybody! (a day late :))

~Owen

Koufax32fan
11-27-2015, 12:38 PM
One of my favorite turkeys