PDA

View Full Version : Wright & Ditson History

antiquefootball
11-24-2015, 02:20 PM
Hey all,

Last month I was attempting to research a Wright & Ditson helmet and came to the conclusion that there wasn't a comprehensive history of the company anywhere online. After considerable newspaper and genealogical research I've written an article on Wright & Ditson for my site:

http://www.antiquefootball.com/wright_ditson.htm

My knowledge base is football, so I'm reaching out to you all to solicit your critique of the article and to let me know if you see any errors or if there are any significant baseball related events (or other sport) in the company's history that I may have missed. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

My plan is to add a new sporting goods company history to the site every other month. If you'd like to receive future updates, please send me your email address and I'll add you to my distribution list.

Thanks,

Chris Hornung
www.antiquefootball.com

bgar3
11-24-2015, 03:08 PM
I really enjoyed the article, thank you. I am a collector of George Wright items, but do not have any football. I have seen a Wright Gould ad, but it was awhile ago, and I can't recall where exactly although I believe it was in book that was given by the company. I will pm you my email for updates and any other info I can think of. If I come across any football material I will let you know.

antiquefootball
11-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Thanks Bruce. If you can find that Wright & Gould ad, please let me know! I spend hours searching newspaper archives and Boston directories and could find any mention. I'll respond to your message this evening.

Chris
www.antiquefootball.com

CarltonHendricks
11-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Chris, Your whole site is incredible...world class!!

vintagesportscollector
11-25-2015, 06:06 AM
Chris, Your whole site is incredible...world class!!

+1. Content is invaluable...you should charge money. The history of the manufacturers promises to be a great resource for many.

antiquefootball
11-25-2015, 02:17 PM
Thanks Joe. Invoice is in the mail!

Chris
www.antiquefootball.com