PDA

View Full Version : signed Jordan UD baseball

theshleps
11-23-2015, 06:49 PM
This is the Michael Jordan signed UD my friend got in person in Arizona fall League. I don't collect this kid of stuff so open to offers of $ or trade. JSA would not issue an LOA for it so I can guarantee it in that respect, I trust my friend 100% and the 1000's of other cards including Jeters, Piazza etc were approved but use your best judgment as I won't guarantee it will pass anything (but maybe it will pass PSA ). So I won't take it back. It is real. Check with people like Jim Stinson, Jason May, Paul Mifsud as to my honesty. BTW I would have put this in the old thread but how do you change the title of a thread you started. I know how to edit content but not title

deeg23
11-23-2015, 07:03 PM
You should probably put this one in the BST section… Just a friendly thought :)

theshleps
11-23-2015, 07:51 PM
I put it here since we were discussing it in this thread. and folks wanted to see it. Will move in a few days

deeg23
11-23-2015, 08:02 PM
I figured that might be the reason... :cool:

almostdone
11-23-2015, 08:39 PM
To change thread title go to edit then "go advanced" button. From there you can pretty much change anything. Nice card. Good luck!
Drew

packs
11-24-2015, 09:52 AM
You keep mentioning your reputation but you didn't get the signature. Isn't it possible that maybe this card wasn't gotten in person and found its way into your friends collection another way?

theshleps
11-24-2015, 11:42 AM
anything is possible but I trust the guy and if he said he got it at fall league and I know he was there I can only trust him. I am sure he would remember getting someone like that. If you are one of those guys like me that spent many years hanging daily at fall league you get to know who to trust and who not to when it comes to in person autograph guys. When I bought his collection I also bought some vintage stuff his dad got in person- specifically a Gehrig and an Alexander on cuts that I later gave to Jim Stinson to sell for me. He said they were good Everything else I sold was approved to so I doubt he would lie on this one card that was a drop in the bucket for all I got from him but give me real Gehrigs, Alexander, Jeters (multiple) and so many others.
Does it look bad to you? I'd rather dispose of it than put it back in the safe deposit box. I could resubmit it but I hate those companies.

Bpm0014
11-24-2015, 12:52 PM
I'm not doubting your story either, however it looks nothing like Jordan's signature. HOWEVER, it looks sooooo UNLIKE Jordan's signature, that maybe it is real; just really rushed(?).

chaddurbin
11-24-2015, 01:14 PM
not sure how we'd get a consensus, but i'd be interested if people think it's authentic.

theshleps
11-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Did anyone else get him in person either fall league that they could post? Just fall league posts please

toyman55
11-25-2015, 08:11 AM
here is a psa autograph of MJ, not the same

toyman55
11-25-2015, 08:12 AM
here is a psa autographed card, does not look the same

sbfinley
11-25-2015, 08:25 AM
here is a psa autographed card, does not look the same

Jordan's auto has evolved several times throughout his career and retirement so I wouldn't dismiss it because of one example (especially one that is 20 years removed from this proposed signing.) I was told a while back that Jordan can sign completely differently from one setting to the next depending on circumstances - charity, paid signing, flight school, random person, etc. I agree with a previous poster, a fellow baseball era signature would be the best comparison. I vaguely remember trying to him in Nashville during his Baron's time (I was ~10) and I remember it was a circus.

packs
11-25-2015, 08:36 AM
Here's one that sold in Legendary:

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/ItemImages/000110/114146a-copy_lg.jpeg

Bpm0014
11-25-2015, 10:06 AM
The "M" is just completely off.....

theshleps
11-25-2015, 10:31 AM
That M has some similarity to the one I posted that started the discussion. Here is a 1995-6 on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Michael-Jordan-Error-SPx-UDA-AUTO-10-Gem-Autograph-UDA-JSA-Stackhouse-1-1-/201470558574?hash=item2ee894c16e:g:Ck8AAOSwsB9WAzj U
I know when we would come a few days before the fall league season starrted and get the guys in the parking lot there were only one or two graphers and you would get unrushed signatures. I got Bryce Harper that way

vintagechris
11-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Here are some things to consider for this signature. For the most part, his M is connected to the rest of his first name in Michael. in most cases when he signs There are exceptions. Early in his career at UNC to the late 80's. I do believe on rare occasion in the mid 90's around 96 or 97 he may have signed a small number without connecting.

The things that don't look right to me other than of course the last name which could be a result of what I would term "awkward signing", meaning not able to press on something, walking, not caring what the sig looks like, anyway, the things that look off to me are the slope of the M and how much higher the second peak in the M is than the first peak. Most Jordan's the second peak is lower than the first and on the occasion the second peak is higher, this is abnormally higher, especially considering this would have been signed sometime in the 90's. The M just looks very weird to me in all respects.

The thing that looks most off, other than the last name of course, is how loopy and pronounced the loops are in his first name. By this, I mean the part that is supposed to represent "ichael" in his first name. I have never seen loops like that. For the most part, any formation of letters in his first name is very subtle and not so loopy as this example shows.

As one poster says, it looks so unlike a Jordan signature that maybe it is real. Here's the thing, if it is indeed a real Jordan that is just a really messy signature, it has too many issues that I am fairly certain none of the more popular authenticators would authenticate it and if you did sell it, it's highly doubtful you would actually get "Jordan money" for it.

I in no way doubt your story at all. These are just some things I see that would make me pause if I were considering buying it. FWIW, the one someone scanned that sold in a Legendary Auction, that is Jordan's in person style from about 1991 to 1994. If you got Jordan in person around that time, that is pretty much what you got from him.

theshleps
12-01-2015, 03:57 PM
I just spent an hour talking with the guy who got the Jordan signed. He told me the kind of stories that all of us in person collectors have. He got Jordan at Arizona Fall League in front of Scottsdale Stadium one morning. anyone interested? will list in bst section soon