PDA

View Full Version : T210 Joe Jackson Hammer Price

kcohen
11-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Certain cards, some rare some not so rare seem to be going stratospheric. Any predictions on the hammer price on this one which ends today in the Goodwin auction? Also wonder where the nicely-centered PSA 6 52T Mantle will end up.

pawpawdiv9
11-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Thats a really nice investment on the Joe T210.
As for the 52 Mick...over 111k for a PSA 6....I hope the one (PSA6) at MileHigh fetches close to that, its only at 34k.

Sean
11-19-2015, 12:42 PM
The 1965 Clemente PSA 9 is over 4k. I've never seen any card in that set in PSA 9 reach even 3k except Mantle.

MVSNYC
11-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Chris, not sure if the Mile High 52 Topps Mantle is yours or not, so no offense intended if it is...but the Goodwin example is much better in every regard- centering, boldness, corners, etc. It's nice to see bidders are starting to buy the "card", not the "holder" anymore.

111gecko
11-19-2015, 01:20 PM
"It's nice to see bidders are starting to buy the "card", not the "holder" anymore"

+1

pawpawdiv9
11-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Chris, not sure if the Mile High 52 Topps Mantle is yours or not, so no offense intended if it is...but the Goodwin example is much better in every regard- centering, boldness, corners, etc. It's nice to see bidders are starting to buy the "card", not the "holder" anymore.
I wish bro, if i did, i would not sell it. I do agree it is better and bold, but both could be centered better for that 111k price tag.

bcornell
11-19-2015, 07:20 PM
I have no idea where the T210 Jackson will wind up, but the description has 955 words. In a single paragraph. 955.

The only excerpt that might matter is this about the grade: "It is correct to period and was the victim of poor pressmanship rather than butchery by X-acto as PSA would lead you to believe." By the way, "pressmanship" is not a word.

I blame Legendary for starting the Oser-florid-descriptions-that-say-nothing, but Goodwin has taken taken it to another, even more horrid level. Please, stop it.

glchen
11-19-2015, 08:39 PM
I have no idea where the T210 Jackson will wind up, but the description has 955 words. In a single paragraph. 955.

The only excerpt that might matter is this about the grade: "It is correct to period and was the victim of poor pressmanship rather than butchery by X-acto as PSA would lead you to believe." By the way, "pressmanship" is not a word.

I blame Legendary for starting the Oser-florid-descriptions-that-say-nothing, but Goodwin has taken taken it to another, even more horrid level. Please, stop it.

Although I know what you're saying, this is hard to say as I think this is one of the things that differentiates Goodwin auctions. A lot of auction houses just list your item, and the lot # beside with no blurb whatsoever, or at most just the information on the flip. If you're consigning your cards, and you want the most florid blurb possible, go to Goodwin, as it's one of their selling points to consignors. Of course, if you feel the opposite, then you can consign to some other auction house.

pokerplyr80
11-19-2015, 08:40 PM

I don't mind the history and information, especially on cards that are a little less well known than the t210 jackson. One paragraph, or a couple, for the history and one for the card description wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Epps
11-20-2015, 04:50 AM
Someone stole that Joe for 56k. Great buy

ullmandds
11-20-2015, 05:19 AM
compared to prices of some other cards I'd agree.

pokerplyr80
11-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Thats a really nice investment on the Joe T210.
As for the 52 Mick...over 111k for a PSA 6....I hope the one (PSA6) at MileHigh fetches close to that, its only at 34k.

I was hoping the exact opposite. Would have loved to place the next bid if it was at 34k on the last day. Looks like others noticed the same thing as it's already up to over 75k with bp and probably won't stop there.

Leon
11-23-2015, 03:06 PM
I was hoping the exact opposite. Would have loved to place the next bid if it was at 34k on the last day. Looks like others noticed the same thing as it's already up to over 75k with bp and probably won't stop there.

I thought 110k+ for a PSA 6 Mantle is a strong. It could be a great buy pretty soon.

Steve D
09-09-2016, 06:59 PM
I just got a catalog in the mail for Clean Sweep's Oct 5 auction, and they have a "fresh to market" T210 Joe Jackson PSA 5(st) (due to light black staining on the back). It's a pop 1, none higher, with the next highest graded PSA card a 3.5 (Although CSA incorrectly states the set isn't in PSA's population report - you have to look in the "Minor League Cards" section).

With prices these days, it'll be interesting to see where this one ends up.

Steve

swarmee
09-09-2016, 08:33 PM
It's a pop 1, none higher, with the next highest graded PSA card a 3.5

The PSA 3.5 would be considered the highest of the two. The 5 would be downgraded 2 due to the ST.

pokerplyr80
09-09-2016, 08:56 PM
The PSA 3.5 would be considered the highest of the two. The 5 would be downgraded 2 due to the ST.

I don't think that's true on a card of this caliber. I haven't seen the scan and it would depend on the stain. But I think most would consider this the highest graded t210 Jackson.

Does anyone think the Wagner up at Goldin is the equivalent of a PSA 3?

Baseball Rarities
09-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Does anyone think the Wagner up at Goldin is the equivalent of a PSA 3?

I think that it is much better than a 3. I think that it is one of the best looking Wagners in the hobby.

baseball tourist
09-09-2016, 10:26 PM
" By the way, "pressmanship" is not a word.

I don't collect cards but appreciate the knowledge gleaned here each visit from those that do. I just wanted to point out that pressmanship is indeed a word.

Oxford Dictionaries

Definition of pressmanship in English:

pressmanship
Pronunciation: /ˈprɛsmənʃɪp/
NOUN

1The occupation of printer; skill or quality of printing work.
2Journalism.

brianp-beme
09-09-2016, 10:40 PM
I don't collect cards but appreciate the knowledge gleaned here each visit from those that do. I just wanted to point out that pressmanship is indeed a word.

Oxford Dictionaries

pressmanship
NOUN

2Journalism.

I think the word that now needs to be put forth is 'oneupmanship'.

Brian

irishdenny
09-09-2016, 11:12 PM

Oxford Dictionaries

pressmanship
NOUN

2Journalism.

I think the word that now needs to be put forth is 'oneupmanship'.

Brian

I do Believe THaT Mr. Sloate...
Would be Very Proud of the Both of You!