PDA

View Full Version : New PSA Holder Premium?

jrawlsian
11-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Has anyone observed a price premium with the new PSA holographic holder over the previous one? Is willingness to buy higher with the new look? Personally I think the slight change is more aesthetically appealing.

1952boyntoncollector
11-17-2015, 09:37 AM
I offer more due to the less of a chance of the holder being a fake...though someone on the board may correct me on that

Republicaninmass
11-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Less chance of a bump

1952boyntoncollector
11-17-2015, 10:08 AM
Less chance of a bump

less chance of wasting money hoping for a bump...

bobbyw8469
11-17-2015, 11:46 AM
I have sold numerous cards with the new holder. I have not noticed any sort of premium bump for it.

brian1961
11-17-2015, 12:35 PM
As a buyer, I prefer any PSA holder except from the first few years. I would attach absolutely no premium to the newest ones. The new holders are nice; at least PSA didn't do a stupid change as SCG a year or two ago. Their holders from year 2000-on have been very consistent and I applaud them for that. ---Brian Powell

mybestbretts
11-17-2015, 06:17 PM
I have recently sold some cards with the new holder, I haven't seen any bump in price but it may have helped sell the cards.

jchcollins
11-18-2015, 12:49 PM
I don't think it matters to most people unless they suspect a holder of being fake, which with PSA is not really a problem. I will say that I don't like their earlier ones (where the printing on the label looks almost as if it was done on a dot matrix printer; slashes through the zeroes and that kind of thing...) but other than that I generally don't pay much attention. I do think SGC's new holders look horrible. When I first saw some online after not being that active in the hobby for a period of time, I thought they were fakes.

1952boyntoncollector
11-26-2015, 07:32 AM
I don't think it matters to most people unless they suspect a holder of being fake, which with PSA is not really a problem. I will say that I don't like their earlier ones (where the printing on the label looks almost as if it was done on a dot matrix printer; slashes through the zeroes and that kind of thing...) but other than that I generally don't pay much attention. I do think SGC's new holders look horrible. When I first saw some online after not being that active in the hobby for a period of time, I thought they were fakes.

Until we see a fake card in a new holder I don't know how you cant say theres at least some sort of a premium......a guy with 2 feedback can sell a card in a holder that has no fakes versus one with 1000s of fakes

Peter_Spaeth
11-26-2015, 11:05 AM
On cards that tend to see fakes, I think it is worth a premium.

pokerplyr80
11-26-2015, 12:17 PM
On cards that tend to see fakes, I think it is worth a premium.

Agreed. Some collectors feel PSA standards are tougher now and I could see them paying a premium for new holders on high end cards.