PDA

View Full Version : Beware of this eBay seller

yanks12025
11-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Beware of eBay seller rams-booty, they're a power seller. I bought a baseball bat from them the other night that they had listed as a buy it now. During the night they refunded my money to sell the bat to someone else. So they might not honor your sale.

I'm guessing after I purchased the one, some eBay member informed the seller that the bat was worth a lot more(wouldn't be surprised if it was a certain forum member because they have a history of interfering with transactions if they get good deals).

slidekellyslide
11-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Pepper Martin bat? How did they cancel the transaction without your approval? It appears as though the auction had ended and only 14 minutes later they sold it as a BIN to someone else.

yanks12025
11-16-2015, 05:56 PM
I bought it as a buy it now. I never saw it listed as a auction. I don't know how they cancelled the sale, guessing they just refunded it thru PayPal.

What I find funny is in there auction descriptions they say they won't sell early because it's not fair to everyone m. Then when I question them about breaching our contract, they have the nerves to call me a crook when all I did was buy a bat and expect them to hold up their side of the transaction.

slidekellyslide
11-16-2015, 06:06 PM
ended auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-35-Vintage-Louisville-Slugger-PEPPER-MARTIN-Baseball-Bat-/151885061549?hash=item235d0e1dad:g:og4AAOSwT4lWR6u 1

BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-35-Vintage-Louisville-Slugger-PEPPER-MARTIN-Baseball-Bat-/151885161616?hash=item235d0fa490:g:og4AAOSwT4lWR6u 1

UnVme7
11-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Trying to clarify because I'm kind of confused....

So it was listed as in auction starting at $9.99. Then it was ended by seller and then he started it back up again at the BIN of $150?

chaddurbin
11-16-2015, 09:13 PM
just leave a neg and move on. these ebay posts are a waste of time...some people here would shove their own mother to give money to the seller if he has something they need.

yanks12025
11-17-2015, 02:56 AM
Trying to clarify because I'm kind of confused....

So it was listed as in auction starting at $9.99. Then it was ended by seller and then he started it back up again at the BIN of $150?

That's what's I'm guessing.

khkco4bls
11-17-2015, 05:57 AM
It's obviously a gamer what is it worth

UnVme7
11-17-2015, 08:13 AM
My first thought is that he ended the original auction and did a BIN for the $150 for another buyer. Then you saw it right when it was listed and then you bought it, but it was supposed to go to the other person? Kind of how it looks like.

If not, why did he end it and start it up again with a $150 BIN. Where'd he come up with that number?

yanks12025
11-17-2015, 08:22 AM
My first thought is that he ended the original auction and did a BIN for the $150. Then you saw it right when it was listed and then you bought it, but it was supposed to go to the other person? Kind of how it looks like.

If not, why did he end it and start it up again with a $150 BIN. Where'd he come up with that number?

I have no idea Nate. If that's the case then it shouldn't have been relisted. But he did relist it which opens it back up for everyone. Also after I bought it, I exchanged two messages with him. At no point did he say "oh sorry someone else was suppose to buy it". And why not refund my money right away not hours later.

UnVme7
11-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Yeah, that's a bit sketchy on his part then. Sorry to hear that. Did you have any diologue with him before you bought it?

sbfinley
11-17-2015, 02:45 PM
I'm not being an @ss, but what is there to beware of? One of either two things probably happened:

A. The BIN was setup for another buyer and you happened to see it almost instantly. He refunded to complete the sale with the other buyer.

B. The bat is a gamer (I wouldn't know as I don't collect them) and someone alerted him to the fact that he was leaving $2k-$3k on the table.

Sucks your sale wasn't completed, but this guy is like a 2/10 in the "eBay scum" department.

yanks12025
11-17-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm not being an @ss, but what is there to beware of? One of either two things probably happened:

A. The BIN was setup for another buyer and you happened to see it almost instantly. He refunded to complete the sale with the other buyer.

B. The bat is a gamer (I wouldn't know as I don't collect them) and someone alerted him to the fact that he was leaving $2k-$3k on the table.

Sucks your sale wasn't completed, but this guy is like a 2/10 in the "eBay scum" department.

Well I thought some people here might want to know about a seller who doesn't follow thru with their transactions.

Exhibitman
11-17-2015, 05:22 PM
The BIN was setup for another buyer and you happened to see it almost instantly. He refunded to complete the sale with the other buyer.

That happened to me once. The seller and I agreed on a price, he added a BIN so I could grab the item, and someone else grabbed it first. Big, stinky mess.

yanks12025
11-17-2015, 05:45 PM
That happened to me once. The seller and I agreed on a price, he added a BIN so I could grab the item, and someone else grabbed it first. Big, stinky mess.

So what did the seller end up doing in your case?

slidekellyslide
11-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Happened to me one time where I set up a BIN for a buyer only to have someone else buy it, but I did not renege on the sale. The reason I did not is because the guy I set the BIN up for knew I was setting it up for him at that time and didn't hit it. It sat there as a BIN for the whole day. He complained and said he got sidetracked, but I told him there was nothing I could do at that point. I don't often set up BINs for people now, but when I do I put in the title "FOR ***** ONLY"

Shoeless Moe
11-17-2015, 06:37 PM
.......I don't often set up BINs for people now, but when I do I put in the title "FOR ***** ONLY"

He is......the most interesting man in the world.

yanks12025
11-17-2015, 06:49 PM
He is......the most interesting man in the world.

Was thinking the same thing.

Samets
11-18-2015, 05:17 AM
lol

Leon
11-18-2015, 06:38 AM
just leave a neg and move on. these ebay posts are a waste of time...some people here would shove their own mother to give money to the seller if he has something they need.

If these ebay posts are a waste of your time then don't read them. I don't think they are a waste at all.

BTW, canceling an auction (not a completed sale) by a buyer to offer as a BIN to someone is done all of the time. There is no issue with that. But once the sale is complete then it should be a sale and not refunded to do a BIN.

Runscott
11-18-2015, 08:38 PM

Same here - I still weep a little when I think about it: I contacted the guy late at night regarding an incredibly rare 1910's pool cue that I had only ever seen in the Billiard Encyclopedia. We agreed on a price and I stayed up for a while waiting for him to list it. The next morning it was gone - he had listed it for the BIN price we agreed on, early that morning before I woke up.

From an unscrupulous seller's perspective, I get it - you agree on a BIN and figure, if the guy you had the agreement with gets beat to the punch, who cares? You still got the agreed-upon price. In real life, deals like that end up with someone getting a black eye, but on the internet you can say anything you want, back out on any deal you want, basically be a turd in ways that you simply can't get away with in real life.

As soon as I can afford to close my business, no one without my phone number will ever hear a thing from me again (no offense :))

Runscott
11-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Happened to me one time where I set up a BIN for a buyer only to have someone else buy it, but I did not renege on the sale. The reason I did not is because the guy I set the BIN up for knew I was setting it up for him at that time and didn't hit it. It sat there as a BIN for the whole day. He complained and said he got sidetracked, but I told him there was nothing I could do at that point. I don't often set up BINs for people now, but when I do I put in the title "FOR ***** ONLY"

When I reach an agreement like that I create a BIN with a MASSIVE price, but with 'make offer'. No one's ever agreed to the massive price, so the person I'm dealing with always gets his goods :)

Jay Wolt
11-18-2015, 08:54 PM
To avoid the situation where a seller agrees to a price w/ a buyer on eBay
and someone else grabs it at that price.
eBay now have a "private offer" that only the prospective buyer can see.

I've seen it pop up when a buyer contacts me and makes an offer on a BIN listed price.
If I agree, I just type in his offer (or my counteroffer) and only he can get it at that new price.

slidekellyslide
11-19-2015, 10:47 AM
When I reach an agreement like that I create a BIN with a MASSIVE price, but with 'make offer'. No one's ever agreed to the massive price, so the person I'm dealing with always gets his goods :)

That is something I had not thought of and will use from here on out.

Thanks for the tip! :)

UnVme7
11-20-2015, 07:01 AM
I'm curious where he came up with $150.

yanks12025
11-20-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm curious where he came up with $150.

I have no idea. But Im gonna guess if he's telling the truth that he did have a agreement with someone else before I bought it, then that person would convinced him its worth $150.

Or, maybe when he first listed the bat he made a mistake and redid it with the buy it now and just decided on $150. Then I bought it and then someone messed with the sale and told him after how much its worth.

Runscott
11-20-2015, 02:16 PM
To avoid the situation where a seller agrees to a price w/ a buyer on eBay
and someone else grabs it at that price.
eBay now have a "private offer" that only the prospective buyer can see.

I've seen it pop up when a buyer contacts me and makes an offer on a BIN listed price.
If I agree, I just type in his offer (or my counteroffer) and only he can get it at that new price.

Jay, we were talking about when a buyer makes an offer on a 'straight auction' and the seller wishes to protect the agreed-upon price from other potential buyers; i.e-there is no 'fixed price BIN' to make an offer on.